Quantcast

another reason to avoid mtbr

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I think the thread was shut down because it was developing into a flame fest, not necessarily it being 'sensitive' towards others...

Of course I'm lazy and since I don't moderate that board didn't read most of it. :p

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
the Inbred said:
what about shuttind down an XM/ Sirius thread?
But the "implications and ramifications being discussed" in that thread didn't really affect anyone, unles you count Rob's ego.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I read a few posts of that thread - holy crap - those people really like to watch themselves type.

I take none of this seriously at ALL anymore. I used to take some of it seriously, then I realised that no one on RM actually exists.

:monkey:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
BikeGeek said:
And going to another forum and crying about it isn't chicken****? Why don't you take it up with them?
It was taken up with them and they obviously don't want to answer it because they are nothing more than shills for crappy bike companies. They have a habit of doing things like this because they lack balls, plain and simple. Their song and dance that they are doing something for mountain biking is a load of BS. They are money grubbing control freaks, nothing more.

I'd really love to see any of the people who run that lameness try to shut me up in person. Wait a minute, they have had the opportunity to confront me and chose not to. Yup, chickenshiite shills.

Hw many popup window advertisements did you see when you looked at that thread?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What the hell are you doing cheating on Ridemonkey anyway? And with MTBR no less! At least cheat with a better board.

:p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i read the first 15 or so posts and found the discussion fairly fascinating, but by and large it's a topic that's way too complicated for the majority of simple minded worker bee's on this site. But y'know what, i wouldn't like Ridemonkey any other way. At least this site isn't consumed by people arguing over tiddly winks crap nonstop.

MisterClean said:
something called censorchit

Shutting down a thread because it might offend the more sensitive natured, when the implications and ramifications being discussed affect all people who ride the dirt on a bicycle is chickenchit.
I didn't see anything from the moderator saying why they closed the thread... Speaking as a moderator, I would be inclined to agree that it probably got closed because it was about to become a flame war.

I thought that the thread itself was interesting - a lot of people took the time to express their ideas and to conduct a meaningful conversation about riding ethics and their effects. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of that on this board.

Moderation's a pain in the ass - there are no perfect choices as to when and where the axe should fall, but we try.

J