Quantcast

Another reason why mtb is cooler than golf

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
In all the trailbuilding I've done, I never prevented someone from flushing...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/07/national/07pinehurst.htm?

In County Made Rich by Golf, Some Enclaves Are Left Behind
By SHAILA DEWAN

PINEHURST, N.C., June 2- Golf has made Moore County rich. There are spas, country clubs and new $2 million homes. The United States Open, to be held later this month on the most famous of the county's 43 golf courses, is expected to bring $124 million to the state.

But as developers rush to provide "resort quality" amenities in the newest subdivisions, some neighborhoods have been left behind - without sewers, police service, garbage pickup or even, in some cases, piped water.

These enclaves, Jackson Hamlet, Midway and Waynor Road, are virtually all black. They butt up against, or are even completely surrounded by, affluent towns that are mostly white: Pinehurst, Aberdeen and Southern Pines.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Dear Steve,

There is too much text in your post to be of any interest to a drunken college student who has just finished his finals.

Sincerely,
Ben

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dexterq20 said:
Dear Steve,

There is too much text in your post to be of any interest to a drunken college student who has just finished his finals.

Sincerely,
Ben
I have made the appropriate editing changes.

BTW, why the F are you posting on RM after your last final. GET A LIFE!!!!!

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
I have made the appropriate editing changes.

BTW, why the F are you posting on RM after your last final. GET A LIFE!!!!!
Are you hatin' cuz he has a custom title???

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i dont know... if you are really good at golf you can get stinky rich. if you are equally as good in mtn biking you can get a short career and make a joke amount of money. yeah, i think i would still rather be biking.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
sanjuro said:
Just trophy wives (this is Mrs. Tiger Woods):

Still rather be biking...
I think you misunderstood N8's post. He's saying that there are LOTS of beer babes on golf courses (along with the trophy wives), but not on mtb trails.

And yeah, Mrs Tiger Woods is smokin hot.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
pixelninja said:
I think you misunderstood N8's post. He's saying that there are LOTS of beer babes on golf courses (along with the trophy wives), but not on mtb trails.

And yeah, Mrs Tiger Woods is smokin hot.
U Right. I just think mtn biking = drinking.