Quantcast

Another religious curve ball

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by fourgivn1
Because God was/is not the father of Jesus in the sense that he got it on with a wife, and had a human child made of flesh. What if the entire story of Jesus was the same, except it took place in the Bronx? Then we could say that God was a New Yawker. Hee hee. :)
Depending on which part of the Bronx he would either be Catholic or Baptist. In either case he would be a Yankee fan.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by fourgivn1
Because God was/is not the father of Jesus in the sense that he got it on with a wife, and had a human child made of flesh. What if the entire story of Jesus was the same, except it took place in the Bronx? Then we could say that God was a New Yawker. Hee hee. :)
But Mary is Jewish right?

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
But Mary is Jewish right?
hehe yeah, if your mom's jewish, you're jewish. end of story.

I'm no expert, but that makes Jesus jewish. Not God, per se, but Jesus (son of God) would be. I always heard that Jesus was a Jew, but obviously that didn't hang him up much......

:devil: gotta love how the "political debate" forum turned into "religious debate" within, what, twenty minutes after it opened?

Z

Zonic Man

Originally posted by sub6

hehe yeah, if your mom's jewish, you're jewish. end of story.

I'm no expert, but that makes Jesus jewish. Not God, per se, but Jesus (son of God) would be. I always heard that Jesus was a Jew, but obviously that didn't hang him up much......

:devil: gotta love how the "political debate" forum turned into "religious debate" within, what, twenty minutes after it opened?
Dude, Homeboy was a Rabbi!

He was probably married, too. Mary Magdalene, ya know? (Had to be married to be a rabbi back in da day)