Quantcast

another rug matching the drapes scenario

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I stand firmly by my double standard.

Young women in similar situations run the risk of pregnancy, feelings of abandonment and diminished self worth. Men who prey on these young women should be shot.

Young men this situation are receiving a free education and often experience a heightened level of self worth. Women providing these services should be paid.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
OW! My ass! :D
Ok, since I was playing the SOTU drinking game (and so slightly inebriated), here goes:

1) I feel like it's a difference scenario whether it's a young boy banging an older woman, or a young girl banging an older man. HOWEVER it's more of a gut feeling, a moralistic "right and wrong" view that's predisposed towards feeling one way towards one gender, and a different way towards the other.

2) As I noted, I get the same creepy feeling when it's a male teacher and a male student. That's "taking advantage" of the younger person in the relationship, and it shouldn't necessarily be different when the older person is female instead of male.

3) 9th grade is young. Like, *really* young. Regardless as to the sex of the teacher/students involved, there's absolutely a power issue (ie, taking advantage) between a *forty* year old teacher and a 14 year old student.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
In the middle ages 13 was middle aged.

Historically that double the creep factor.
In the dark ages, it was too dark to know how old your rapist was.

i saw Letournou and her victim/husband in the store years ago. i remember seeing her face, and not being able to place her. Like i know you, where have i met you, then i saw Vili and i put 2 and 2 together. She had a nervous look about her when she was watching me look a little puzzled, probably used to that look.