Quantcast

Another SAC deal...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
DaveW said:
Look well made but I am just so over every thing in camo these days.... It's been done to death!
I agree...the urban camo look is getting blech and overdone. That, and I think Oakley charges ridiculous amounts of money for crap.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Superho had Oakley stuff on sale for a while, I got some shorts that are very similar to those for like $25/each. At the LBS they are like $75. I think they are the MTB 2.1's but not 100% sure.

Oakley stuff is overpriced BUT it does last. And is stylish to a point as well. I have no problems with Camo anything so if they are a good deal I'd pick some up, if not I'd just wait and see what else comes up.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
I passed on the camo, but did pick up an olive pair. Never tried baggies with chamios so this ought to be interesting. Usually just wear bibs with shorts over.

For you Oregon peeps, Backcountry.com is the actual store name and located in Eugene. I've picked up a few goodies from them over the years. Everytime I've popped in to try out a fit they've been very helpfull.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
BuddhaRoadkill said:
I passed on the camo, but did pick up an olive pair. Never tried baggies with chamios so this ought to be interesting. Usually just wear bibs with shorts over.

For you Oregon peeps, Backcountry.com is the actual store name and located in Eugene. I've picked up a few goodies from them over the years. Everytime I've popped in to try out a fit they've been very helpfull.
I've ordered stuff from backcountry.com directly too. The outlet is a great place to find deals. And SNC is the unheard of deals...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Spunger said:
Superho had Oakley stuff on sale for a while, I got some shorts that are very similar to those for like $25/each. At the LBS they are like $75. I think they are the MTB 2.1's but not 100% sure.

Oakley stuff is overpriced BUT it does last. And is stylish to a point as well. I have no problems with Camo anything so if they are a good deal I'd pick some up, if not I'd just wait and see what else comes up.
I seem to remember MMike having some gloves, they wore out in no time.. The Borg gloves to go with his Frank N Furter get up...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
BuddhaRoadkill said:

They're HQ'ed in Park City and their outlet store/warehouse is in SLC (It's cool, they have a buncha iMacs setup, you pick what you want and they go back and grab whatever you want). Not sure if its the same BC in Eugene.

I'd work there if it was bike-commutable...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
dogwonder said:
I've ordered stuff from backcountry.com directly too. The outlet is a great place to find deals. And SNC is the unheard of deals...

Yeah...like...brand new Salomon 1080s for 200 bucks :hot: