Quantcast

another saint eds thread

i went over to saint eds with some buddies of mine the other day to find that everything is now gone. the DJs had been flattened awhile back, and then all the ladders got chopped up, and now it looks as if they've taken an ATV and some chains and destroyed the little clearing that had the log drop thingy and the dip jump and that stuff. in doing this they made a huge mess, and ruined a perfectly good obstacle. on a lighter note, the bastyr-ish area has lots of ladders to ride around on, its just the finn hill part that has been desacrated. what's the best local XCish place with some little stunts and stuff? ie: a fun place to trail ride?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Oh no! :( That's awful!!! I would think that even the biggest of the trail nazi's would respect the need for some technical challenge for the XC group and other folks that really enjoy that area to play on after work.

edit: Almost forgot...there's the Gulch up here by me....but Mukilteo probably feels out of the way to most of y'all....there's the Worm down south in Renton, or the south seatac area...Those three more or less follow the I-5/I-405 corridor, though they're at opposite ends of the freeways. There's Tiger out East - though some days that's a bit of a drive...Anacortes is way up there...close to us Northenders but still hard to get to for after work...I don't know much about the Tree Farm in Arlington...I've only been there once...Everything seems to be either way east, southend or northend. Not much close to the cities...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
for XC anyone ever been to Hamilin Park in Shoreline? Just north of 145th on the east side of I-5? 15th and 160th actually. There is a XC running course that is a good 4 miles or so. I did in on a XC bike and it winds through the trees and was OK. I hardly see any MTB there.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Sven tha Viking said:
i went over to saint eds with some buddies of mine the other day to find that everything is now gone. the DJs had been flattened awhile back, and then all the ladders got chopped up, and now it looks as if they've taken an ATV and some chains and destroyed the little clearing that had the log drop thingy and the dip jump and that stuff. in doing this they made a huge mess, and ruined a perfectly good obstacle. on a lighter note, the bastyr-ish area has lots of ladders to ride around on, its just the finn hill part that has been desacrated. what's the best local XCish place with some little stunts and stuff? ie: a fun place to trail ride?

That really sucks, but I guess there's nothing more to say about it. They were illegal, and, unfortunately, that's what happens. I'm definitely gonna miss riding those.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hamlin's good for beginners and kinda boring for those with some experience. You can loop through there pretty quickly and it's probably not worth driving to unless you want a quick fun night ride.
Also of note: Full of dog walkers and the, "leftovers".
Used to be you could head South over to Shorecrest and the, "Southwoods" jumps. But, they got waaay too big for me a while back and are also flattened now as well. :(
So, good for a couple hours of time killing. But, not too stellar.
I'd go with JB for Japanese Gulch up North and Seatac South and the ToP trails in Renton East for quick rides.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Borneo said:
Hamlin's good for beginners and kinda boring for those with some experience. You can loop through there pretty quickly and it's probably not worth driving to unless you want a quick fun night ride.
Also of note: Full of dog walkers and the, "leftovers".
Used to be you could head South over to Shorecrest and the, "Southwoods" jumps. But, they got waaay too big for me a while back and are also flattened now as well. :(
So, good for a couple hours of time killing. But, not too stellar.
I'd go with JB for Japanese Gulch up North and Seatac South and the ToP trails in Renton East for quick rides.
It wasn't any easier than St Ed's and had some short steep climbs. Ther is a lot of hill side in there to.

I didn't think it was any easier than St Eds.... i wouldn't ride my DH bike there. :D