Quantcast

another scam?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Ok, so I'm selling this Look 461 frame and I post it up last night and get these mesages. One seems decent but when I send a reply the guy responds with this:

" Thanks for your fast respond and am very greatful that you get back to me fast but i want you to know that am buying this bike for my client and also one for my son but before that i will send you a cheque of sum amount for you to hold that as part payment ok so my shippping company will be coming down to you to get the good and they are going to do some test drive and some checkings on it so i will be expecting your mail on where i will be sending you the checque to also they will be coming with the balance of the bike ok so the one i am sending you is part payment ok,so get back to me with the full details of you and phone number where i can make the payment to for you ok.
And beside that am from missouri,but right now as am talking to you am out of the state ok so get back to me as soon as possible...
Thanks,
Bye...."

Am I too weary or is this a scam? I give him my address and I get a home invasion??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Never, ever, ever, ever ever ever ever deal with "shipping companies" or "shipping agents".

ANYTHING that is out of the ordinary is a scam. The transaction is easy: you get the money, he gives you his home address, you ship it there. Basically, if they step outside those boundaries, then there's a 99.9% chance it's a scam.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
yea, thought so. I just responded that "I'm uncomfortable giving out my home address to a 'shipping company' and I would like your phone number so we can talk in person". $10 says I dont get a response.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Nobody is coming to get your bike, that dude doesn't even know anyone in this country, he probably couldn't even point to Missouri on a map. He will send you a fake money order and have you send him the balance, you will be screwed and you will never hear from him or his "shipping agent" again. The only people you will hear from will be your bank when they deduct the amount of the fake money order from your account about a week later.