Quantcast

another schwalbe tire thread

sgarstin

Chimp
Feb 26, 2010
Hey there,

I am trying to get some feedback on the Nobby Nic or Fat Albert.

What I want is something in between a 1 and 2 ply...like a 1.5 ply (eg specilized "SX" tires) and in the 800-1000 gram range. I would be getting the 2.25 and 2.4 sizes.

I am also looking for the stickiest compound Schwalbe offers. Something like the gooey glue or softer. I dont care about tread life.

Does this exist? Their website is extremely confusing so I am coming to you guys.

I know bullcrew knows his Schwalbes...

Any info would be great.

thanks!

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
The Nobby Nic and Fat Albert are trail bike tires, and it sounds like you're looking more for a freeride type of tire, maybe check out the Big Betty.

Vertstar is the softest compound, and Schwalbe says it grips better than Gooey Gluey, so that's probably exactly what you want. And, for 1.5 ply type of casing, Double Defense or Snake Skin would help in that regard. The standard Evo carcass is light, but not super durable.

sgarstin

Chimp
Feb 26, 2010
Yeah the only thing is that the NN and FA don't come in the Vertstar compound. So I am wondering how sticky their stickiest compound is for those specific tires.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
there is big thread of schwalbe.. post there so the thread comes up and continue to live

there is light muddy mary freedride that weighs 870gram, have a look at it

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hey there,

I am trying to get some feedback on the Nobby Nic or Fat Albert.

What I want is something in between a 1 and 2 ply...like a 1.5 ply (eg specilized "SX" tires) and in the 800-1000 gram range. I would be getting the 2.25 and 2.4 sizes.

I am also looking for the stickiest compound Schwalbe offers. Something like the gooey glue or softer. I dont care about tread life.

Does this exist? Their website is extremely confusing so I am coming to you guys.

I know bullcrew knows his Schwalbes...

Any info would be great.

thanks!
Fat alberts or big bettys...... BOBBY Nics are a designated xc/am tire. Fat alberta rock for am/fr and for more aggressive definently big bettys trail star rear and Vert star front....I have been running big betty rear and muddy mary Vert star front LOVE THE 2011 STUFF....better than 2010 in grip and damping.....especially the trailstar vs the old triple.....trail star is amazing.....

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I run the Wicked Will FR 2.35 Trailstar on my little bike. Sounds like that is what you are looking for. Like Bully said before, the Trailstar versions are much better than the Triple Nano compound.