Quantcast

Another SkyValley Thread

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Things kinda fell through last week and we weren't able to go. But I have this new bike and I want to break it in before snowshoe. I am pretty much gauranteed to be up there this weekend....

Lets go...

So, is anyone going to Birmingham?

I'm thinking about it, but I'm not quite sure if the race will be on the BMX track and then the xc trails, or if it will start on the BMX and connect to the xc trails.

I may go to Tsali with a group ride too.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.

All I know is that I'm not going to Snowshoe...again.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Originally posted by jet

I'm thinking about it, but I'm not quite sure if the race will be on the BMX track and then the xc trails, or if it will start on the BMX and connect to the xc trails.

This is not about Birmingham....

can't you read

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by jet

Hahaha, Tom drunk on a BMX track! I gotta see that.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
What's up Charlie? No takers? I may head to Chuck's if it doesn't happen. Is the Windrock MtnX course worth a drive out there for a day? Anyone?

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
I am still going to go. I have family that will drive shuttle for me. I may take Ryan up there with me or something.

I think they changed the windrock Mtx course. I heard that they made the jumps bigger. But its nice. Its not hard to learn.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
im down in auburn right now(college summer mester), but dont work saturday...so i (and prob my friend) could hit it up...peete has my email.

get back with me as soon as you can(!), if you need to reach me quickly call my cell.

770-380-0072
Stephen

IM pinkyswine09

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
time is of the essence...if im going to leave auburn, it has to be in about 6 hours

AC1, are you for sure on sky??

(i dont want to drive 2hr's home for nothing)

if sky for some reason falls, how bout alittle mansell?

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Originally posted by Swine
time is of the essence...if im going to leave auburn, it has to be in about 6 hours

AC1, are you for sure on sky??

(i dont want to drive 2hr's home for nothing)

if sky for some reason falls, how bout alittle mansell?
Sky is out for me. Nobody seemed like they wanted to go. I'm headed to Asheville.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by Swine
windrock?

looking for anyone else to go?
Locals will be there on Sunday.

And the MTNx course is COMPLETELY different now. Juan came up the past two weekends and burned alot of diesel redoing the course. Its still not done, but it is soooooo much better than it was.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
facts: only ridden windrock once(1time, not one day), crashed on water fall...windrock 1 me 0, looking for revenge.

the problem:i have no idea how to get there, if i could follow someone or hitch a ride, that would be stellar.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'm thinking of hitting windrock on the way back from Snowshoe.
Gonna have to play it by ear.
I rode Chuck's course without any front brakes today. That was interesting.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Yeah, I actually read that last night. It kinda sucks b/c everyone is going to have to cannonball home for work on Monday morning. What is the super downhill? did anyone else read that? The super downhill race is on Saturday. Is it the 4man dH? dunno

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
bizutch said:
you do realize all Expert Dh is on Sunday this year?
Oh, my bad. I guess I don't get to see you race. :blah:
I may do either the MtnX or SuperD.
Anybody know where I can get directions to the Windrock DS course? I'm going to try to go by there on the way home.