Quantcast

another sst thread....

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
A few of us got out there around 11am and stayed until 4. If you haven't checked it out yet, you need to take a look at the line that got reworked over this last week up top down the middle. It's tight! I know for sure Kim & Ted did the bulk of it - killer jeeorb! The other two lines up top aren't too shabby either.

Today's highlights...
TED

TODAY'S DIGGING

Likely won't be out there tomorrow...maybe. I plan on heading down on Saturday with Pip and his son, Chavez (who just got a Diamondback Assault). I feel fun shall be had.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Wow that new line looks great. I ment to go today and should have but I will be there tomorrow if its not pouring. I am all packed up and ready to go. And saturday unless something awful happens. I have my eyes on a few new lines.

Also should be picking up an 04 or 05 Steelhead frame, MRP bash, another set of cranks and some other goodies off of one of my VW buddies. WOOOHOOOOO I would like to have one hardtail DH bike and one SS bike for the summer. That way I have something to get other friends out riding with me. :Thumbup:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, it was an OK line before. It's solid now. We just have to do a little work near the middle entrance to make it easier to line up the trailgap from there. It's doable as-is, but it can be a little smoother for those with lesser handling skills (nothing personal, anybody).

Somebody tore out the berm on the top right line I fabricated last Saturday. I was initially bummed/pissed-off, but got over it and made it bigger and better just to spite the person(s) that tore it up (last pic in my prior post). For that, I must thank those that made me go back and do it right.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Nice pics! Hope Ted had a happy B-day, he was not at his shop to fix my bike lol. Looks like he was laying down some tracks on the new line, it took us awhile but now that line is pimped out now, when its dry it should be easy to flow. I was thinking of making the landing of the drop a litte further back and higher so more people could hit it even if they were not going to hit the double after it.

Thats lame someone took out your berm, if they did not like it they should have made it better instead of tearing it out, somtimes these things are a work in progress, I am guessing the person that took it out has never built a berm themselves so they dont realize how much work it is.

Hopefully all the new top lines will encourage more people to start from up there, linking the new middle line up to the big table is a sick run! I might make it out saturday!

-Kim

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Hey Desul
If your heading out tomorrow bring your helmet cam. I'll chase you down a few lines. I should be out there tomorrow with my kid on his new bike.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, I found it odd that somebody would take the effort to tear something down as opposed to making it better.:think:

Ted (he had a happy AND safe b-day) & I were both hitting the new line yesterday - I think it's perfect as-is, but if you can manage to move the landing back w/o effecting the current tranny then more power to ya'! If anything needs to be done on that line, I would say doing something to eliminate the choppy area between the berms and the takeoff up top...as well as tweaking with the area after the gap before the middle entrance.

Those that continue to start up at the middle will not only be cheating themselves, but their bikes as well.:nonono:

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Just got home from a short afterwork session... Guess whos clearing (and almost overshooting) the big table now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So fun.

Now I dont wanna ruffle any feathers but the Berm in question started out pretty bad. It wasn't so much the berm that was bad, it was the hole as you rolled up the little ledge and robbed alot of speed. I think if you had run it on your dually that day Andy you would have noticed this. I lost all speed going through that and found the berm acctually made it harder to keep momentum through the line. I'll let the person who filled it back in speak up for themselves. They ride and shovel with us (andy,pip,kim,ted and myself) alot. Filling the hole in that day acctually did make the line better IMHO. It made the rework I did to the jump/landing and lower jump to berm much more smooth. The Berm was a good idea and now is looking great. the dip that was at the bottom of the original berm was not so great. Just my $.02 and I see both sides (A and B)

Well im outta here, going to go pick up a steelhead and a new crankset. See you all in the morning. Pip I will throw the camera in the bag for sure. See you as early as I can drag my ass outta bed.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Dammit, Dave!!! I'm trying to forget that I didn't have my dually out there last week - thanks for the reminder.:mumble::bomb::ouch::redhot:

I shall bring it out tomorrow.:weee:

Again, I just found it odd that somebody would take the effort to clear it out when it likely would have taken way less effort to fix it up.
Like most things in life, it's just water under the bridge since the "problem" has been remedied.:dancing:

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
ok..so tomorrow, i have a friend bringing his camera to film me a bit...and i got ryan goin, and some other kids from the skate barn thursday said there were gonna be there. Daaaammnnnn its gonna be a good day. I gotta hit up all the new stuff up top...usually im too lazy to ride up there...but i think tomorrow is the day for the top!!!!! see YA'LL there!!!
jesse

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
BIGHIT756 said:
ok..so tomorrow, i have a friend bringing his camera to film me a bit...and i got ryan goin, and some other kids from the skate barn thursday said there were gonna be there. Daaaammnnnn its gonna be a good day. I gotta hit up all the new stuff up top...usually im too lazy to ride up there...but i think tomorrow is the day for the top!!!!! see YA'LL there!!!
jesse
Daayum, there's going to be some folks out there tomorrow from the looks of it.:cool:

I'm predicting that you get hooked on the upper-middle line. Just a hunch.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Glad everyone is ok with things. I think everyone had the best intentions with actions they took and it just didn't line up....

The top is getting more and more fun. I didn't attempt the middle line today but damn does it look sweet. Kim and Ted did some great work on the landing for the drop into the berm gap.

If anyone has a 36tooth middle ring laying around could they PLEASE bring it tomorrow??? I will be trying to make it down there earlier in the day and Will have my helmet cam lets just see if the batterys will last for more then a few minutes.:rolleyes: