Quantcast

another sst thread

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
I'm going tomarrow, kinda low key. I'm just heading down with a buddy. 2/19/07 around 11 o'clock AM till around 4 o'clock PM

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
i went today for my first time, and oh my god...simply amazing, i ride a hardtail and im not the most experience but it was ****in sweet, hit alot of the drops and a few stepdowns and the middle table, i had a blast, i cant wait till it gets sunny and dry and warm out, its gonna be sick!

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Well towards the beginning conditions were real nice but as the day progressed and the rain started to continue it got a little sloppier. It was still worth it

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Yeah, Julie and I were there earlier, we left about noon. It was pretty good, not as slick as other times I have been there in the rain. I did more coaching than riding, but dang my new bike (Dirtbag) feels nice on the drops.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
sst is the best spot to ride when its wet, somthing about the soil or how it drains, never seams to get as slopy as other places. Plus its fun to ride in the mud!

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
It seems like it is actually sketchier when it is dry and dusty than when it's wet! I've done the drops there in pouring rain when I was landing in puddles 2" deep and had no problems, then had some of the worst crashes of my life down there in the dry.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
It seems like it is actually sketchier when it is dry and dusty than when it's wet! I've done the drops there in pouring rain when I was landing in puddles 2" deep and had no problems, then had some of the worst crashes of my life down there in the dry.
exactly why sun after rain is bomb.com

dirtburglar

Chimp
Dec 22, 2006
issyq
I was at SST from 11-1 today, it was nice in the morning but started to pour on and off and get pretty sloppy. mud was a slingin' so i took to the shovel for a bit. i tried to fix the run in next to big-p on the top left(drainage problems)we'll see as it settles and gets packed. as i was heading back north on 405 it looked like it was clearing up, hope i didn't leave too soon.