Sep 13, 2004
SF
We have the highest priced ticket...

$2,625 top ticket price at new Yankee Stadium

By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer

Friday, March 20, 2009

(03-20) 16:08 PDT New York (AP) --

Two grand? Fuhgetaboutit.

If you want to buy a front-row seat at the new Yankee Stadium for an individual game, the list price of a ticket is $2,625.

Individual game sales for the first season of the $1.5 billion ballpark start Tuesday, and the Legends Seats that ring the infield start at $525 a game, according to the team's Web site. Those seats cost $500-$2,500 as part of full season tickets, and they include food and soft drinks.

Other field level seats cost $95, $150, $275, $300, $350 and $375. Then comes the Delta Sky360 Suite, where tickets are $375-$800, and main level tickets, which are priced at $60, $80, $95 and $150.

On the top deck, seats in the Jim Beam Suite go for $130-$150. Terrace seats are $50, $75 and $85, and grandstand tickets cost $23 and $30. Full view bleachers are $14.

The Yankees said last summer that they had sold 3,500 of 4,300 premium seats as part of season plans, but sales slowed when the recession intensified. They had an open house last weekend to try to sell more seats.

Across town at the Mets' Citi Field, where individual game sales began last weekend, the Mets have 35 categories of tickets, each with five levels of prices that vary depending on the opponent, day of the week and month. The Mets' top tickets, which sold out as part of season plans, are priced at $295-$695 and average $495. Their lowest-priced seats go for $11-27.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
that's the kind of thinking which has won us so many championships in the 21th century...

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
All that money spent to watch a juiced up dude try to hit a stitched ball with a wooden bat. I just don't see the attraction.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Fan-fvcking-tastic. As Narlus pointed out, that's a brilliant move, given the state of the economy.

It's going to be an interesting season. We'll see how the Yankees' continued use of the "throw more money at our problems and hope they go away" strategy works. I hope it's a trainwreck.

psychodad

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
New York
There will be no shortage of idiots lining up to pay that price either.
I meet a lot of people thru my job and I can't comprehend why some people have their living rooms turned into shrines for baseball and nascar.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Redsox are limited in the fact that if they want to improve the Fenway they have to do it with their own money whereas the Yankees did it with taxpayer money (mine) Since all the azzhole Yankees fans don't have a problem with that I feel I should be able toleagally punch them in the face while knocking those stupid ass hats off their heads. I hate the jankees even more now.....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
There will be no shortage of idiots lining up to pay that price either
not entirely true...the WSJ ran an article a few weeks ago talking about Yankee stadium (and also the new Cowboys stadium) and the problems they have had getting companies to buy/lease the pricey luxury suites...when firms are going through layoffs, i think the prospect of spending that sorta cash on sports would seem to rankle people, no?

then again, look at the bonuses being handed out for 2008's stellar performances...:plthumbsdown:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The Redsox are limited in the fact that if they want to improve the Fenway they have to do it with their own money whereas the Yankees did it with taxpayer money (mine) Since all the azzhole Yankees fans don't have a problem with that I feel I should be able toleagally punch them in the face while knocking those stupid ass hats off their heads. I hate the jankees even more now.....
Drink much?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The Yanks suck...you cant buy a title anymore George. I hate the media hype that follows them around, they are the most overrated franchise in all of sport.

That being said, GO CUBS!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The Yanks suck...you cant buy a title anymore George. I hate the media hype that follows them around, they are the most overrated franchise in all of sport.

That being said, GO CUBS!
You can hate the Yankees, but they are far from the most overrrated franchise.

In the last 100 years, the Yankees won 1/4 of the championships. 26 of them.

10 years ago, they won their last one.

They are still extremely competitive, considering they went to the playoffs from 1997 to 2008.

Maybe you shouldn't speak when the adults are talking...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

They are still extremely competitive, considering they went to the playoffs from 1997 to 2008.

in the last 20 years, sports has changed drastically, and the era of dominant teams is over. the Yankees are like a fat slob tossing benjamins at a lap dancer, hoping for an eventual blowjob.

it ain't coming.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

and they still won't make it to the world series.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

Yeah, sorry, what I meant to say is that the Yankees suck, and Sanjuro is the most over rated, arrogant, insufferable monkee.
Anyway you slice it, the Yanks still suck. They could win the next 30 World Series, and still suck. And you come off like an internet douchenozzle, spouting statisitics like he knows of what he speaks, when you probably heard them on some retarded NYC based sports talk show. You are the kid who always got picked last for kickball on the playground, right?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
in the last 20 years, sports has changed drastically, and the era of dominant teams is over. the Yankees are like a fat slob tossing benjamins at a lap dancer, hoping for an eventual blowjob.

it ain't coming.
I disagree. I don't think it has to do with mega-teams or a change in sports business. Actually, the luxury tax system helps the Yankees.

It goes back to pitching, which is obvious you just can't buy.

The Yankees of the 80's had a killer's row of batters and no pitching.

The Yankees of the 90's had amazing pitching, some they bought and others they built.

The Yankees of today have the equivalent of Charles Smith (a NY Knick), great on paper but can't produce.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, sorry, what I meant to say is that the Yankees suck, and Sanjuro is the most over rated, arrogant, insufferable monkee.
Anyway you slice it, the Yanks still suck. They could win the next 30 World Series, and still suck. And you come off like an internet douchenozzle, spouting statisitics like he knows of what he speaks, when you probably heard them on some retarded NYC based sports talk show. You are the kid who always got picked last for kickball on the playground, right?
No reason to make it personal.

BTW, we didn't play kickball in my neighborhood. Let me give you an idea about growing up in the Bronx:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Red Sox fans are so.......pathetic. :disgust1:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
C'mon. I've never seen a more self-righteous, self-pitying, bunch of losers as Red Sox Fans.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
No reason to make it personal.

BTW, we didn't play kickball in my neighborhood. Let me give you an idea about growing up in the Bronx:

You had me, right up to the Warriors. Somehow a movie about roller skating leather vestwearing face painting gangs doesnt scare the daylights out of me...whats next, West Side Story? BMX Bandits?

(And yeah, sorry for the vitriol...caught me at a bad time...may have been triggered by the "adults talking" comment. Mea Culpa...)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You had me, right up to the Warriors. Somehow a movie about roller skating leather vestwearing face painting gangs doesnt scare the daylights out of me...whats next, West Side Story? BMX Bandits?

(And yeah, sorry for the vitriol...caught me at a bad time...may have been triggered by the "adults talking" comment. Mea Culpa...)
Living in California, there is no substitute. When the Dodgers is mentioned around the Bay Area, there is disdain but that's it.

When the Red Sox are mentioned around NYC, all you hear is sound of spitting hitting the ground. Either out of civility or safety, there was no talk about the Red Sox.

I can't act like I had a 44 special strapped to my seatpost or I carried a bat on a sling, but travel around the Bronx sometime, and tell me if you feel safe and secure.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Been to the Bronx...didnt bother me too much. Too many places in Chicago (West side, South side...) that are just like it.

I am not a native Californio...you can say anything you want about the Dodgers. Did I mention I am a Cub fan?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The Yankees of today have the equivalent of Charles Smith (a NY Knick), great on paper but can't produce.

Obama has the same ideas as the Steinbrenners...throw money at a problem and hope it solves it.

theyve been "great on paper" for the last 10 years...look how great its done them

but travel around the Bronx sometime, and tell me if you feel safe and secure.
not all of the BX is bad. unless youre coping at the spot in the ghetto, then its fine

Last edited: