Quantcast

another weekend of climbing:pics

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
drove down to alabama this weekend and went to do some bouldering on awesome sandstone. what a good time it was.here are some pics.

the last one is of the stage where they had live music all weekend. it was a climbing comp./music festival and it was a blast.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
brungeman said:
doing some slacklining too eh? that is talent!!!

yeah thats my friend Matt. there were 4 lines set up the highest was around 6 feet. there was a guy running and jumping up onto the 4 footer and then hopping around on it spinning and stuff it was cool.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

And using their Wiccan powers they held the little woman high up in the air, and grew her a beard.

Sweet Pics Biggins.
Get a bike, there is a new trail at Bent Creek that you have got to hit.:)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Jeremy R said:

And using their Wiccan powers they held the little woman high up in the air, and grew her a beard.

Sweet Pics Biggins.
Get a bike, there is a new trail at Bent Creek that you have got to hit.:)
i have a hardtail frame now that is slowly amassing parts. soon enough i will be rolling again. the frame is more suited to urban/dirtjumping and will be a singlespeed but i will still take it out in the woods.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
biggins said:
i have a hardtail frame now that is slowly amassing parts. soon enough i will be rolling again. the frame is more suited to urban/dirtjumping and will be a singlespeed but i will still take it out in the woods.
Well, this trail is like a 2 mile + long MTX course with berms, jumps, even a couple of tabletops. Its weird that it is in Pisgah. No rocks or roots, smooth as glass.
Its a climb though, it starts right before the old Betty Heinous trail.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Cool shots. I climbed somewhere in Alabama one but now I don't remember where it was. Is Rocktown in Al? It might have been rocktown.

This one looks familiar is why I ask:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Well, this trail is like a 2 mile + long MTX course with berms, jumps, even a couple of tabletops. Its weird that it is in Pisgah. No rocks or roots, smooth as glass.
Its a climb though, it starts right before the old Betty Heinous trail.
Are you serious?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
DRB said:
Are you serious?
Yes, it makes no sense.
Me and Motomike rode it on Saturday.
He loved it, and I rode the whole thing going, I can't believe this is in Pisgah. Its fast and flowy as well. We got snowed on for the 3 + hour ride out there, but it was awesome. I can't wait to go back when its dry.:)
The trail was built properly as well, and it HAD to be machine built. Its too smooth. Plus, you will not have to worry about a bunch of people screwing it up, because not a ton of people are willing to climb that far.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
jdschall said:
Cool shots. I climbed somewhere in Alabama one but now I don't remember where it was. Is Rocktown in Al? It might have been rocktown.

This one looks familiar is why I ask:

rocktown is only about 35 minutes from this place but it is Georgia

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Yes, it makes no sense.
Me and Motomike rode it on Saturday.
He loved it, and I rode the whole thing going, I can't believe this is in Pisgah. Its fast and flowy as well. We got snowed on for the 3 + hour ride out there, but it was awesome. I can't wait to go back when its dry.:)
The trail was built properly as well, and it HAD to be machine built. Its too smooth. Plus, you will not have to worry about a bunch of people screwing it up, because not a ton of people are willing to climb that far.
Is it mapped yet? We were thinking about going up there in the next couple of weeks.