Quantcast

^^AnotherDerp^^

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Use my few hours of weekend free time on an unseasonably warm Feb day to do trail work instead of ride...

...Get poison ivy

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:stupid:

All these years I thought it was a motorcycle.

But a scooter?......damn dude :rofl:
I don't know why this is a surprise, I've never said anything but. Fucking a fat chick shame aside, I loved that thing, I don't care what anybody says. Most fun I've had on two wheels. It was 125 CC's, got 100mpg, would do 70mph, accelerated shockingly fast in traffic, and required a valid motorcycle endorsement.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know why this is a surprise, I've never said anything but. Fucking a fat chick shame aside, I loved that thing, I don't care what anybody says. Most fun I've had on two wheels. It was 125 CC's, got 100mpg, would do 70mph, accelerated shockingly fast in traffic, and required a valid motorcycle endorsement.
Anything over 50cc in Oregon requires M endorsement. I REALLY want an early 70's Vespa 125cc two stroke. I would ride that fat chick all damn day! :rofl:

<edit> I too thought it was a motorcycle. Either way, all the gear all the time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I REALLY want an early 70's Vespa 125cc two stroke. I would ride that fat chick all damn day! :rofl:
OG Vespas are expensive. There is a shop here in town dedicated to scooters that has them occasionally, and for the price, you can usually get a gently used mid sized actual motorcycle. That's part of the reason we went with the scooters we did. US based, newer tech, half the price. And they were 4cycle, so no oil burner bullshit. I'm sure PDX has a couple good scooter shops. Goddamn hipsters.

edit: Jeebus, they make one @170cc's now. Might go down there for a test ride. :think:

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I honestly thought that scooter was a motorcycle euphemism.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode a scooter for a while, too. It was a fine machine for the city.

Something is causing my work account to keep on getting locked out. Calling the help desk is tiresome

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
don't. go play outside. you won't regret it. especially once you're 70. you'll look back and think "man i'm glad i went outside instead wasting my fucking time with those tech support assholes"
Problem is if my account isn't working I can't actually get work done. Today on academic time that's not a problem–only obligations are to go to lunch and dinner on the company dime with the interviewee. Other days that is an issue.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Problem is if my account isn't working I can't actually get work done. Today on academic time that's not a problem–only obligations are to go to lunch and dinner on the company dime with the interviewee. Other days that is an issue.
playing outside > any of that shit you just said. except dinner.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OG Vespas are expensive. There is a shop here in town dedicated to scooters that has them occasionally, and for the price, you can usually get a gently used mid sized actual motorcycle. That's part of the reason we went with the scooters we did. US based, newer tech, half the price. And they were 4cycle, so no oil burner bullshit. I'm sure PDX has a couple good scooter shops. Goddamn hipsters.

edit: Jeebus, they make one @170cc's now. Might go down there for a test ride. :think:
There are a ton of hipster scooter shops here, of course. The new thing is either tricked out Ruckus or an old school moped. Like the pedal to start kind but with gutted exhaust and various make shift storage.

Years ago (about 10) there was a '72 that was in basket shape for $1500. I still kick myself for not buying it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not saying that there is anything wrong with riding a scooter. You may just want to embellish the story a bit to sound cooler. You could tell people you almost died in a roller blading accident.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I've heard tell there is a gent who removes his trousers before taking a dump, and hangs them on the coat hook in the stall. Today, I witnessed the cuffs of his pants hanging down below the bottom edge of the stall door.