Quantcast

Anson's YoWelli Bars

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Anson Wellington is dropping some bars on all a yall. This batch doesnt have crossbars, but the next might.

"In this small run they have 4 inches of rise, the up and back sweep is comfy, you can understand why. They are also 25.4mm straight thru so you would need an oversize brake lever like the Dirty Harry"

After that discussion we had a while back about lack of 4" rise bars...this is cool. I'm undecided on cross-bar versus none. Sorta the aesthetic of mtb versus the aesthetic of bmx cruiser. . . . Cross-bars unquestionably make bars stronger though.

I don't like oversize 1" tubes in the grip area though. (I had them back in the mid-school years on some Hoffman Love Handles). The Dirty Harry lever sucked--if I remember correctly, that was the one that was pre-bent way out. I have some oversize Dia-Tech 99's from that era. Much better lever.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Hahaa You can tell from the pic' that there testing 2 differnt types of metal .
Possibly either one set are thicker or one's made from Plymouth chromoly and the other TrueTemper
Anyway you look at it thoes are some serious bars !!

i hope they drop those down to a standard 22.2mm. otherwisw IMO that will be the death of those bars before they even begin life. almost everyone i know is already looking for the thinneset grips for the standard size bar. having a thicker grip on these bars will feel like riding with beer cans in your hand...

Last edited:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
i Hope They Drop Those Down To A Standard 22.2mm. Otherwisw Imo That Will Be The Death Of Those Bars Before They Even Begin Life. Almost Everyone I Know Is Already Looking For The Thinneset Grips For The Standard Size Bar. Having A Thicker Grip On These Bars Will Feel Like Riding With Beer Cans In Your Hand...
qft!!