Quantcast

Anthony Hope Crash update.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Well...we are stoked to tell you that Brent and myself went to see Anthony last night at Loma Linda mediacal and the doc says he will live to recover. though he will be in ICU for several more days while they monitor his progress. The doctors told us that Anthony tore his kidney in half and they were unable to repair/save it so it was removed. He also tore his liver in half but they were able to save it.

.......yeah.....WTF?????... how do you do that???? He has no broken bones!

It was still very difficult for him to talk so all we could deduce is that he sent the jump and when he landed and began his pedal stroke, the chain came off or got stuck/jammed in the chain ring/guide.. this caused him to go OTB and he face/chest planted.

It is hard to comprehend how hard he must of hit the ground to cause your internals to split open.

AS many of you noted, Anthony is from England and has no family here in the US. His live in girlfriend has been with him so at least hes got some one there.

I did pass along your "well wishes" and that did seem to elicit a casual smile.

Thanks & peace!

My best friend tore his kidney in half in an OTB with his bmx bike in Canoga Park near the Chaminade campus about a hundred years ago. All it took for him was to land on some lumber next to the jump he messed up on. The second Kidney will grow larger and Hope should be okay after it does so. My buddy raced DH for Dagger and still hammers the trails and back roads (the crash did turn him into a gay roadie on a Ciocc, De Rosa or Bianchi, but he seeks to repress this tendency) around LA.

Best of luck to Anthony. That must have been one helluva stack.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Man, just saw all this...that sucks. Anthony is a great guy. Please give him my best for his recovery. Kidneys are for pvssies anyhow, right? Real men go unfiltered...

MD

ernst

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
I just found these comments about my crash ..! I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your kind words ..!
I am back on my feet and have been for a couple of months now. I have been down the gym putting my organs through their paces ..! should be back on my Dh bike in the next few weeks (new DHR) ..am getting fed up with XC ..!

Just really wanted to say thanks to Eric for all his help and support. Thanks for going out of your way to help me Eric. My girlfriend and I owe you big time.

Also I never found out who helped me on the mountain, the two guys on Westridge who gave me water and called 911..thank you for everthing..You guys saved my skin too ..!

All I can say is after all is done n dusted ..! I lost 20 pounds in 5 days on the bike crash program...!
For more info call 1800 ORGAN LESS... :dancing:

R

Rabie

Hey, I didn't know you were riding at all yet. You should come ride San Juan with Edgy and me tomorrow.

ernst said:
I just found these comments about my crash ..! I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your kind words ..!
I am back on my feet and have been for a couple of months now. I have been down the gym putting my organs through their paces ..! should be back on my Dh bike in the next few weeks (new DHR) ..am getting fed up with XC ..!

Just really wanted to say thanks to Eric for all his help and support. Thanks for going out of your way to help me Eric. My girlfriend and I owe you big time.

Also I never found out who helped me on the mountain, the two guys on Westridge who gave me water and called 911..thank you for everthing..You guys saved my skin too ..!

All I can say is after all is done n dusted ..! I lost 20 pounds in 5 days on the bike crash program...!
For more info call 1800 ORGAN LESS... :dancing:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
WooHoo, Hopes back on a bike! (and a good bike)

i wouldn't suggest riding with rabie or edgy at SJT, tho. Rabie will likely stack and break himself while edgy will be to, uh, under the weather to actually ride.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Anthony,

I am very happy to hear that you are back on your bike. I heard about your fall while I was on my road trip and it sounded pretty horrible. Summit Run just wouldn't be the same without you.

Rabie said:
Hey, I didn't know you were riding at all yet. You should come ride San Juan with Edgy and me tomorrow.
Hey Paki,

Do you mind if an Indian comes along on the ride with you tomorrow. I would like to ride my bicycle because that would be fun, and fun is good. But I do have a sticker or two on my bike, which isn't a Turner, so will I be ostracized. I wouldn't want that to happen because it would hurt my feelings.

R

Rabie

Metal said:
Hey Paki,

Do you mind if an Indian comes along on the ride with you tomorrow. I would like to ride my bicycle because that would be fun, and fun is good. But I do have a sticker or two on my bike, which isn't a Turner, so will I be ostracized. I wouldn't want that to happen because it would hurt my feelings.
You can come along, but if you talk about how being ostracized hurts your feelings, I will call you gay. I think we're meeting at the bottom at 1:00. Give me a call or something to let me know if you're going to come.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C

Dude??? are you sure you didn't bang your head as well???.... Its Edward not Eric...I know its confusing..he's short, dark skinned and also rides a Turner...uh.. no prob, but hey how bout them shoes????.... size 9 will do.

DHR??? Good Choice! Of course, you'll only want to ge even faster now...armour might be a good supplement to that DHR.

Good to see you're on the bikes again. Come out, come out wherever you are....

ernst

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
In regards to my earlier statement..I must have been smoking way too Much ...sorry Edward ..! I wrote Eric ..instead of you ..

Well thats bloody gratitude isn't it ..!

Thanks Edward ...! I owe you big time ..!

ernst

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
EBasil said:
Glad to hear it's working out for you!

How big has your undamaged Kidney grown to? Have you seen MRI's?
I have no idea whats going on inside me belly, but my piss was green the other day if that gives you any indication ..! its all good ..I've been going to the gym a lot and am actually fitter than I used to be ..

ernst

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Edgy said:

Dude??? are you sure you didn't bang your head as well???.... Its Edward not Eric...I know its confusing..he's short, dark skinned and also rides a Turner...uh.. no prob, but hey how bout them shoes????.... size 9 will do.

DHR??? Good Choice! Of course, you'll only want to ge even faster now...armour might be a good supplement to that DHR.

Good to see you're on the bikes again. Come out, come out wherever you are....
Yeah,I replied below before I knew how this quote thing worked.. Yeah Sorry about that i had been hitting the crack pipe that day ..! and only realised what I had written the other day ..!
You know I meant you ..I got you some prototype Ruben Alacantra shoes for you straight, with ankle a guard n all ..!but they went awol while being shipped ..! but I have shoes for you ..its jsut a matter of getting them to you..

ernst

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Rabie said:
Gimme some warning ...as I never log on much ..!