Quantcast

anthony ortolani is a fvcking moron...

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Most people shouldn't even attempt Sawtooth ridge, nevermind even begin to think about bringing a dog along with them. They should airlift this guy up there, break both his legs, and leave him be. What an asshole. I hope that dog finds a great home. If I wasn't allergic to animal fur i'd be the first one on that adoption list.

Looking back at Bierstadt at the end of Sawtooth:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
The last time I was on the Saw Tooth there was someone up there with a dog. It was not having a good time. Not sure why you'd drag a dog up there. In my experience, dogs generally don't like scrambling.

Then to not go back and try to find it? **** him.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
What a douche. Freakin heartless bastard to leave your dog to die. I'd carry my damn dog back if I had to.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
What a douche. Freakin heartless bastard to leave your dog to die. I'd carry my damn dog back if I had to.
I've read a bit more about this since then. He did try to carry the dog down, and had to abandon it due to the incoming bad weather and the safety of the other member of his party. Then he called the sheriff's department to try to get them to help bring the dog down (they can only help with rescues of people). So some credit to him there.

However, taking the dog up there in the first place was not smart, and then not returning or trying to organize a rescue party of his own is near unforgivable.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
However, taking the dog up there in the first place was not smart, and then not returning or trying to organize a rescue party of his own is near unforgivable.
Anything aside, he is a complete douche for these two reasons alone. I would never take my dog somewhere that people struggle to go. Along with the fact that humans have the capacity to decide where they go and what they feel their capabilities are. Bringing a dog somewhere that a dog wouldn't naturally go is abuse on it's own.