Quantcast

Anti-cat question

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
So there are some local neighborhood cats that have started hanging around my backyard and deck. Recently they have decided to start using the posts on my deck as scratching posts and they are making a mess of it. I know there have got to be some simple things people do to stop getting their own cats to stop scratching their furnature.

Any ideas how I can get these cats to stay away from my yard and deck? (Besides just sitting there drinking beers and shooting them with paintballs.)

*EDIT* I don't hate cats, just hate that other people's cats are making a mess of my stuff.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Had a feral cat take up part time residence in my garage a few years back. Pissed on my hockey bag...little bastard. But I got a bunch of new gear in the end, which was nice.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If you want to hang around, hit them with a hose or a big squirt gun.

If you want them to go away when you're not there, use one of the stinky products that you can find in places like home depot that use jaguar urine or some other predator's scent to get them to leave it alone.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you want to hang around, hit them with a hose or a big squirt gun.

If you want them to go away when you're not there, use one of the stinky products that you can find in places like home depot that use jaguar urine or some other predator's scent to get them to leave it alone.
Drink a bunch of beer, then piss on the posts they scratch on. Done.

This works for cats you like, too. Just don't pee on the indoor furniture.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
and today i watched for the first time what i'm guessing is your second favorite show....

arrested development.
I didn't watch either when they were airing and found them both later to enjoy.

I have to say, I have always enjoyed stuff Jason Bateman has done before, but the last few years he has had some great parts.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they sell bottled jaguar piss???

get a dog. dogs loooove cats

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Have GFF come to your place and hunt them down. Be ready to call 911 when he has his near death experience. :p

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

Under-kill is for pussies and the french. Put the cats in the dirt. My girlfriend's folks' neighborhood is overrun by feral cats, like Cats of the Corn overrun. I have a .22 AR and a suppressor, I really want them to just let me go cat genocide on the place.

but no...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Under-kill is for pussies and the french. Put the cats in the dirt. My girlfriend's folks' neighborhood is overrun by feral cats, like Cats of the Corn overrun. I have a .22 AR and a suppressor, I really want them to just let me go cat genocide on the place.

but no...
a job for dirt...