Quantcast

Anti-Hype and the iPod

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
Heres another gripe... shatter resistant bottles. Are people that f-in stupid?!? Its called plastic, it doesn't break cause its not glass.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
kinghami3 said:
Too foofy.

I just want something that isn't all flashy that I can plug into the PC and put tons of music on it, that doesn't requre special software or docking stations. I also want to take said player to my friends place and connect to his PC. Then I want to take it in my car with me and use the cassette adapter that I have. And finally I don't want no special formats that only work with one brand of player and what not. If it's got a little display that shows what song I am listenig to so mych the better. Color not needed.

My dad bought a nano which for him is perfect. He loves it. I thought it to be too flimsy. Looked like it would break too easy.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I got my Ipod as a award at work.

Trendy, hyped or not. I like the thing and would buy another if it died. I can load my own music on it and not have to listen to the crap on Clearchannel radio.

Mike

J

JRB

nato said:
Heres another gripe... shatter resistant bottles. Are people that f-in stupid?!? Its called plastic, it doesn't break cause its not glass.
Just get a hammer and break the bottle. Whatever it takes to get your stability back, man. Just use a hammer. I am starting to worry.

J

JRB

nato said:
Now that I think of it - you do know that plastic can shatter, right???

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
nato said:
What is pure crap is the idea of the iPod itself that I have never liked. I don't like the fact that when I see a buddy on school campus and when I call out his name, he cant hear me, or the idea that I am unable to have random conversations with people on the bus because they are too busy distracted listening to blaring music. What the iPod is doing is turning everyone into silent drones that are drawn into their own music and overall, themselves.
Sounds like it is not the ipod you hate but the headphones. Or is listening to music on another mp3 player O.K.? You sir need to find a bigger fish to fry, or stop wearing pink shirts with popped collars.

Also what if your freinds are just ignoring you because they don't like your seld-serving whining. And their ipods aren't even turned on.

Also if you buy clothes you buy an image. Unless you sew your own clothes you are buying what some company exec. thought was cool. There is no need to post your Emo kid rantings here.

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
maxyedor said:
Sounds like it is not the ipod you hate but the headphones. Or is listening to music on another mp3 player O.K.? You sir need to find a bigger fish to fry, or stop wearing pink shirts with popped collars.

Also what if your freinds are just ignoring you because they don't like your seld-serving whining. And their ipods aren't even turned on.

Also if you buy clothes you buy an image. Unless you sew your own clothes you are buying what some company exec. thought was cool. There is no need to post your Emo kid rantings here.
I also said:
"Of course I'm concerned with image, I like to dress in a manner that I personally like... not what the world likes. What I like and what the world likes may be in some cases, the same. In this instance this is not the case."

Get a better optomitrist

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
nato said:
What the iPod is doing is turning everyone into silent drones that are drawn into their own music and overall, themselves. It's not completely a bad thing but personally there are more negatives than positives.

OH BULL****!!!!

What the i-pod does is makes it easier to avoid the creep on the bus that wants to talk to you or the weirdo screaming your name from halfway across campus. Don't you have a cell phone? Who screams any more anyways?

To blame the anti-social revolution on an mp3 player is ridiculous. Focus your energies on something more productive like the plight of the urban poor or surburban sprawl, the evils of eating meat, or the attrocities going on in iraq. ooooo I know, how about the devil that is Walmart/McDonalds/Hummer/Microsoft/enter name of most preferably hated large corporation here. That should make you feel better for a while. hippy.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
nato said:
I also said:
"Of course I'm concerned with image, I like to dress in a manner that I personally like... not what the world likes. What I like and what the world likes may be in some cases, the same. In this instance this is not the case."

Get a better optomitrist
Whatever. Get a better position on what you think and do. "I'm sooo anti-hype....I care about image....but not that much....I do what I want.....but care about what others think" blah blah blah.

What ya need is what they sellin
Make you think that buyin is rebellin
Word.

J

JRB

Da Peach said:
What About The Children?!!!!
"Feed the World" - you stuck that frikkin' Live Aid song in my head now. I'll hear Simon LaBonne singing all day now. :mumble:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
I want to be just like all the different people

&#8212;King Missle

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
I want to be different, like everybody else I want to be like
I want to be just like all the different people

—King Missle
Don't you mean that you like having a detachable penis???

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
loco said:
"Feed the World" - you stuck that frikkin' Live Aid song in my head now. I'll hear Simon LaBonne singing all day now. :mumble:

I think that would be Simone LaBonne...

Sorry about that. Let me replace it with:

Lolly pop, lolly pop, oh lolly lolly lolly...

J

JRB

Da Peach said:
I think that would be Simone LaBonne...

Sorry about that. Let me replace it with:

Lolly pop, lolly pop, oh lolly lolly lolly...
I think there is a swim trunks thread, or a popped collar thread calling you. :think:

J

JRB

I thought we covered that this dude is a follower and is keeping the iPod. :think:

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Anyone using earbuds or smallish headphones that sound good? I want an mp3 player, but I cringe everytime I think of me packing my fat headphones for a day on campus.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
bjanga said:
Anyone using earbuds or smallish headphones that sound good? I want an mp3 player, but I cringe everytime I think of me packing my fat headphones for a day on campus.
The earbuds that come with them aren't bad, they just aren't great. There are some that cost $75ish or so that are suposed to be really good, just can't think of the brand. I usualy keep the volume low, so I can still hear what's happening around me.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
"I spend hours in front of the mirror making sure that my hair is elegantly dishevaled"

anyone...anyone....just kinda seemed appropriate

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
erastusboy said:
"I spend hours in front of the mirror making sure that my hair is elegantly dishevaled"

anyone...anyone....just kinda seemed appropriate
I made a paridy commercial with something like the same idea... the concept was an advert for pre-worn bumb jeans. The rich people spend an ass load of their cash to wear worn broke ass looking clothing.