Quantcast

Anti Technology.

Thats it I'm going totally old skool for the winter!

At the moment I'm riding a '96 Giant ATX 990 with a mainly '00 groupset/forks.However the frame/shock was bought second hand from a mate a couple of years ago.Since then I've managed to blow the RST shock on it and now the swing arm has worn around the main pivot near the bottom bracket.A new swing arm would be ££££ so I've decided to retire it till I can aquire a new frame (hopefully a Specialized or a Marin full sus) for next season.
So,it's back to my '96 GT Zaskar thats been used as wall decoration for the last two years:D I've also picked up a pair of new GT cromo forks for £10 from my local shop so this winter its back to basics! Back to old Middleburn non compact cranks,back to zero travel,back to flat bars and bar ends (maybe?!?) One things for sure it's gonna be a light bike when I've finished:)
Hope I can find the money for a new frame soon cos I'm not sure I'm gonna like this new ride,had full sus for too long!!
Just to finish off the anti technology idea I'm also doing a few x/c races on my rigid single speed too;)
God I'm gonna love that new frame when I get it!!!!!