Quantcast

Antone heard of the Bad Wildbad bike park?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Hope you Deutsch kannst...

Lemme know if you can't and I'll see what I can translate. Probably not a lot. I took the addy out of MBA mag, and haven't even visited it myself, but they say it's all in German, and mine's pretty rusty these days.

-Mike

envdesign

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
Engstingen Deutschland
It's near Stuttgart in the Baden-Wurtenburg region. Bad Wildbad is famous for its "Badhalles" which are actually pools and saunas of all sorts. Germany has many of these. This particular area exists as it provides bathing services to elders with arthritus or other joint disorders.

I rode near this mtb. park and actually crossed some of the downhills- and can attest that they are infact- knarly unless you are riding a BIG fully:think:

This pic is taken in the north Italian Alps, just to give you a feel for what some of the terrain/panoramas are like!

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

Hey brother - I'm here in the Südwest region (BW) where is Engstigen? Anywhere near Karlsruhe?

BTW - these folks have no idea what a "fully" is. It's alot like telling an American about your "handy". Talk about dual-suspension and a cell phone and they're right with you.

PM me! Maybe we can hook up and ride!

Tschüß!

envdesign

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
Engstingen Deutschland
Engstingen is tiny, tiny, tiny- Closest location on a reasonable scaled map is Reutlingen. I'm about 45 min. from Stuttgart. Definitely commutable to the Karlsruhe area and up to it. Still have some scouting to do here in order to find some good local rides. Do you know many good local rides in the area?

tschuess from a british keyboard... add that to the fully and handy list!