Quantcast

Any ‘big’ ride plans for 2019?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No particular goals, trails or anything. But am going to Pennsylvania for beers and bikes in May with a possible detour to Pisgah, hopefully the World Champs in Quebec in August and then breaking my Whistler area virginity in September. Lord of the Squirrels is on the list.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't been able to doing any meaningful riding due to arthritis in my hands since I tore a tendon off my thumb August 2017. Any real riding in 2019 will be huge for me.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
No particular goals, trails or anything. But am going to Pennsylvania for beers and bikes in May with a possible detour to Pisgah, hopefully the World Champs in Quebec in August and then breaking my Whistler area virginity in September. Lord of the Squirrels is on the list.
Hit me up again. Shouldn’t be as cold then as when y’all came last year.

Wife and me and a few friends are hitting Crested Butte in July then wife and me are planning another French Alps and Switzerland biking adventure. The latter may happen this year, but likely next. We really enjoyed Chaminix/Mt. Blanc in 2017.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
215km gravel race in april

100km followed by 145km hilly road the next day in May

175km with two times up Mont Ventoux total of 4564m of climbing in June

So plenty of goals for me and why I've started spinning at the gym.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have to take it easy right now recovering from surgery, but I plan to start cycling again late next week. Signed up for the Whiskey Off Road in Prescott. I may not be up to 100% by then (end of April), but I think I'll be good enough to ride and get a bunch of subsequent SW rides in during the week after.

Will probably do the solo 100 mile Soggy Bottom race again this year. I had a much better experience last year, so that was encouraging.

Will probably do the local race series, if not to be competitive to help work back to my previous standings, which tends to take the entire season IME. Would like to get back to top 5.

Going to WA and probably into BC for Whistler at the end of August/beginning of Sept, I'd like to ride the Angel's Staircase ride in WA, supposed to be pretty neat and I missed it last time I was there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If I do raystown it's gonna be at least July.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
You going to ride DDH as a loop?
I find butcher ranch way too pedestrian. I prefer going over to Pauley creek via gold lake down Pauley then up Big Boulder fire road to the top and drop down Big Boulder singletrack to the summit of second and third divide. from there decide which one i feel like taking down to First Divide. That's 22 mile run. then go back up on the shuttle and drop down butcher and take which ever of third or second divide I did not take the first time and try not to die Its about a 40 mile day with 10000 feet of descending and 2000 of climbing. Its one of the reasons I am hammering on the road bike all winter.If i can do 75 mile road rides with ease I can survive doing two runs at Downiville in a day

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Torino Nice Rally

Did part of the route last year, due to time constraints. Planning on the entire course completion this year. 700KM with plenty dirt roads in the Alps.
It follows paths of Hinnibal, and passes by several decommissioned bunkers from the wars. The official ride begins in September, likely I'm to go in early - mid August. I'll be tuning up the bike specs and gear choices, plus increasing the training regiment. 2018 was I flying by the seat of my pants with experience.

https://torino-nice.weebly.com/

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Island Park -> Butte via CDT has been on my bucket list for years...
That could be very good.

I remember spending all day riding from Lima to Macks Inn once, that wasn't so much fun, so recompense in the area would be good...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I do raystown it's gonna be at least July.
Well if you do, keep in touch. A few of us up here have expressed interest in going outside if DirtFest. Raystown is pretty cool and importantly, cheap for us Canucks.

Hit me up again. Shouldn’t be as cold then as when y’all came last year.

Wife and me and a few friends are hitting Crested Butte in July then wife and me are planning another French Alps and Switzerland biking adventure. The latter may happen this year, but likely next. We really enjoyed Chaminix/Mt. Blanc in 2017.
Definitely! Itll be the old man and myself. Probably only have 2-3 days total down there; maybe tick off Bennet or Farlow? And a day in Wilson's with @jstuhlman .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well if you do, keep in touch. A few of us up here have expressed interest in going outside if DirtFest. Raystown is pretty cool and importantly, cheap for us Canucks.
Ya definitely gotta go when the weather and lake are warm enough for a post ride swim.

I also know of a really awesome lodge to stay at. It's like a 10 minute drive from the trails but I've stayed there before and it's a good setup.