Quantcast

Any 08 Commencal Meta 5.5 experience

M.P.

Chimp
Feb 3, 2008
Austria
I'm looking for a good trail bike which still can be paddled uphill without too much effort.
After reading several articles and post I'm thinking of gettin´ a 08 Meta 5.5.
As I do not have the possibility to try it out I'd just like to know which size would be the suitable one for me (5'10) - this is what I couldn't find out yet!

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I'm looking for a good trail bike which still can be paddled uphill without too much effort.
After reading several articles and post I'm thinking of gettin´ a 08 Meta 5.5.
As I do not have the possibility to try it out I'd just like to know which size would be the suitable one for me (5'10) - this is what I couldn't find out yet!
Herzlich Willkommen!

samsung

Chimp
Nov 6, 2007
Medium will be perfect id say, i'm 5ft 7, the medium is the right size really, maybe a tad to large for me but its not a big issue at all, solved with a shorter stem.

Really great bike!

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
at 5'10" you are just about perfect for the medium meta 5.5, unless you have really long torso or really long legs i'd say go for it

there are lots and lots of magazine reviews around the world from Bike, MBA, Decline, MTBR.com, Pinkbike.com etc they all appear to be very very well loved bikes

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
I am 5'9" and ride a 2008 meta 5.5. It fits perfectly. I have ridden XC and light DH trails and love the bike. I previously rode a Nomad and Blur. Have fun.

M.P.

Chimp
Feb 3, 2008
Austria
I am 5'9" and ride a 2008 meta 5.5. It fits perfectly. I have ridden XC and light DH trails and love the bike. I previously rode a Nomad and Blur. Have fun.
Which Fork do you run with your bike. the offer I am thinking abouts comes with a 08 fox float RL. just realised that there's no thru axle system. But the thru axle should be a lot more stiff, right?

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
I have used a Pike and a Float 36. The rear suspension and geometry seem geared towards "all mountain" riding and I am sure you would like a stiff fork. I am more into DH and prefer the Float 36 at a reduced travel of 152mm. The Pike felt perfect for XC. The Float is better for aggressive riding, including shuttle runs. At 160mm it was a bit unbalanced with the rear suspension. and reducing it to 150 or so feels good for me.

dh415

Chimp
Dec 6, 2006
novato
I have an 07 and it was a great bike it rips but I cracked mine and now commencal doesn't want to fix it. Their service sux in my opinion.