Quantcast

any bad experiences with Pedro's products?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Yes, the extra dry lube SUCKS. Put it on this summer in Whistler in the middle of the summer when it was REALLY dry and it would't even last half the way down A-Line... Plus, the bottle is way too small for the price you pay it...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Their lubes suck. However, their tools are awesome, and those plastic tire levers I've discovered are tougher than any metal ones I've ever encoutered. There's a reason there's a giant pedros sticker on the back of my car...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had a Pedro's saddle bag that fell apart in about a month. It was one of those bags that was made with an old tube. Total P.O.S.

I do like their degreaser and Bike Lust though.

their tools are the best i have used for bike specific tools. 2.5 years daily shop use, and now on the road. i got the original master tool kit when it came out and it was awesome. added some stuff in time (look at the new toolbox thread) and my pedros tools have outlasted some of the other stuff. they now have a lifetime warranty (not park) not that you will need to use it. and their customer service is awesome. i recomend their tools over anything else out there (except snap on)

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Tire levers = the shi+, smooth as butter

Ice Wax = is shi+, too thick to penetrate the links

Blowout bag = worked good for a couple of years, then blew out. I was always overstuffing it though. Still felt like I got my money's worth for the time it lasted

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
I had a Pedro's saddle bag that fell apart in about a month. It was one of those bags that was made with an old tube. Total P.O.S.

I do like their degreaser and Bike Lust though.
:stupid:

My blowout seatbag had the strap fall off before it was a year old.

Pedro's tools kick a$$. The pedal wrench could be used to prevent a car-jacking. I have also had good results with the Syn lube.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so between here, Mojo, and roadbikereview, i'm getting the idea that we should stay away from the seat bags. i just secured a deal with Pedros for TX4000. do you think the bags will last a few months of 80mi day-in, day-out road riding?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Echo said:
I've been using Pedro's Extra Dry chain lube for years with no problems at all.
Yeah, I like Pedro's Extra Dry. It works better than most stuff out there.

Their tools are good. I have a few tire levers, wrenches, a cassette remover and a few random things from them and they all work without issue.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Yes, I once left a Pedro's Lip Schit in the pocket of my sweatshirt and washed it and I had all these greezy lookin stains all over my clothes...
While I would agree that is a bad experience, I don't think he meant to include dumbassness. :think: