Quantcast

any big rhode rhides planned for the weekend

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I'm going to do bout 6 hours on saturday of easy flat rhodes then maybe an hour or two of mtb on sunday. Next week will be easy light spins of about an hour mon - thur and then a 12 hour mtb ride on saturday. it's a race but i'm just going out to get some saddle time. THEN the next week will be the same plus another 12 hour mtb ride.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Does it work that well?

Nothing planned for me. Still waiting on parts for my road bike so I can build that up. Velodrome on Saturday though and maybe some mountain biking on Sunday, we'll see how the weather holds.

12 hour races on back to back weekends.....yikes man.

The Ito

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
ito said:
Does it work that well?

Nothing planned for me. Still waiting on parts for my road bike so I can build that up. Velodrome on Saturday though and maybe some mountain biking on Sunday, we'll see how the weather holds.

12 hour races on back to back weekends.....yikes man.

The Ito
YES Chamois Butt'er is a life saver fer real.

i'm actually only going to RIDE the races because i need the hours. I get lonely on normal rides because i'm usually alone, i'm a socal creature i need to interact with people every now and then.
i'm going to set a hard line zone and stick it. i'll never peak 80% hrm and looking to average about 70% hrm.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
The Toninator said:
i'm a socal creature i need to interact with people every now and then.
I'm a SoCal creature also, but that's just cause I don't like the cold. I often need to interact with females in bikinis.....

Sounds like fun though, I've spent close to 10 hours on a road bike before, not sure how I would hold up for mountain biking.

The Ito

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
About to head out the door for 60+ miler right now...hey, it's Friday! Doing trailwork all Sat. and I'm riding at least one, if not both (other being a 6" dually), bikes on Sun.
Hope the weatherfolk are wrong about Sun. like they were about today!:thumb:

Happy trails!:)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
splat said:
yes Please do , Next weekend is MMcG's freedom Rides Weekend ( fri -sat sun )
i bagged at 4 hours it was hot, windy and supposed to rain. i figured i pressed my luck enough. got home no rain. oh well i baked. it was a tough ride.

lets see, lets' see. Sorry friday is a no go but i'll clear up the weekend so yous guys can enjoy it.

< edit > wait wait. i think i can push fri back to wed so you should be golden. enjoy.
Yours Truely
The Weathinator

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
LordOpie said:
why, what's wrong with a Metric?
Nothing at all in my books. I run my comp. on km, even though I use farenheit for my thermometer.
Neither century is a gimme' - especially solo...unless you live somewhere where there's a 100-mile descent and have a ride waiting at the bottom.
As long as it gets people riding, it can be a microscopic century as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, you said it best in the "Bring it, Muffin" thread...
LordOpie said:
an imperial century is more impressive than a metric.
;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I said that? hehe

Yes, SF was 103 miles, the most I've done. I'm still a huge pvssy, but want to do 125+mile rides this summer... we did this century slower than I wanted to, but easily could've done 125. I'd like to get into the 200 mile range in 2006.

Double Metric Century sounds impressive, no?