Quantcast

Any BigBear pic's from Jr x DH?

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Henry O'Donnell won. It was kind of lame that a bunch of pros were riding Jr.X. I think they were trying to get UCI points so they could race a world cup... but it sucked for anyone else in that class.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Originally posted by Acadian
ya and his time was UNDER 5min.. :eek:

I agree with you Aaron...it was kindda lame to see them racing in the Junior X class....not really fair IMO but oh well..

I think its OK cause they have to so that they can qualify for the worlds and Duncan won but was penalized for leaving the gate too soon. With his penalty he lost by like a half second. Norba was out in force on DQ’ing or assessing time penalty’s in DH and Slalom.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Originally posted by Juano
Norba was out in force on DQ’ing or assessing time penalty’s in DH and Slalom.
Apparently not at the bottom wooded section of the Ex. course before the big table where #'s of riders were cutting the course and talking to their friends at the finish about if anyone seen them do it. A good 5 sec. off your time if you took it. B-tards. I only seen the routes after on Sunday when we went down for some fun runs.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by Scrub
Apparently not at the bottom wooded section of the Ex. course before the big table where #'s of riders were cutting the course and talking to their friends at the finish about if anyone seen them do it. A good 5 sec. off your time if you took it. B-tards. I only seen the routes after on Sunday when we went down for some fun runs.
Actually it was a legitimate line, it was open all weekend for practice. Then some scrooge came stomping around complaining just before the Junior-X finals that it was "cheating" and when no one agreed with him he came back with some hillbilly course marshal who taped it off. As far as I saw, no one except a few Expert women were able to take that line unless it got opened back up after Junior-X.

By the way, I have a few photos from Junior-X, I'll look to see what I have this week.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
from what I hear, there was more that just one cheeter line in the lower tree section.
Yeah the last one at the bottom was legit for sure, just above there were at least 2 other lines that were obviously not the way that the course had been mapped to be. Cutting out the switchbacks irked me at first but now I just look at it as hey if you need to do that to do good then you need to ride a little harder at the top. I still placed in the top 10 without doing those lines. .02

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I talked to him this morning, he said he won Exp. by a very small margin over Fronj and 3rd was over 10secs behind them. He also said the course was fun and long. I stayed up here and rode UC trails...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
It was BS that they taped those lines off in between practice and the race. I questioned them to several course marshals on Thursday to determine if they were going to be taped later. The answer always was "if it isn't taped, it is legal". I couldn't belive that they were in since the 3 lines would pull at least 10 seconds off your time. By the end of practice on Friday with the lines not taped off, I started to practice them. Of course, I kept it stealth so I would give it away. Then at the top before the race, someone said that the lines were taped off. None of the officials knew anything.

Well, I flatted on my race run in the upper section of the course so it didn't much matter. But it was unsafe to make a course change after practice and then not even mention it at the start. On top of that, it was blocked off with more than just tape.

My complaint was that they should have taped it on Thursday. I offered to one course marshal to tape it for them. Whatever. I had a good time riding. Met some more monkeys and even rode with a couple. Sanjay was super fast and I will make a call to Norba for him to demand an upgrade for him. He wanted to race semi-pro but got denied. WTF?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by dhtahoe
Yep NORBA downgraded him. We have SUPER SMART people running NORBA you know.
You ar not serious are you?? If that's true this is Sooooo retarded.
Could Metal (Hello??) give the true version before rumors spread?

Ok.. entertainment tonight:

http://endorphin.free.fr/video >> Bigbear04_westridge.wmv

My race run taped with a helmet cam and some music and comments.. Enjoy :D
I thought the course was really fun but I was in no shape for it.. I am thinking I might have been faster on my rail with all the pedaling.. I'll never know though. Good weekend nonethe less :D

R

Rabie

Originally posted by dhtahoe
Yep NORBA downgraded him. We have SUPER SMART people running NORBA you know.
Considering homeboy can't even get down the expert course without crashing, I'd say you're right on. Frop.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Originally posted by Mani_UT

Ok.. entertainment tonight:

http://endorphin.free.fr/video >> Bigbear04_westridge.wmv

My race run taped with a helmet cam and some music and comments.. Enjoy :D
I thought the course was really fun but I was in no shape for it.. I am thinking I might have been faster on my rail with all the pedaling.. I'll never know though. Good weekend nonethe less :D

Nice vid........EXCEPT.....you need to aim the camera higher. Camera needs to be aimed towards the horizon when you are looking where you wanna go.

mtnbikej

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Originally posted by mtnbikej
Nice vid........EXCEPT.....you need to aim the camera higher. Camera needs to be aimed towards the horizon when you are looking where you wanna go.
I know.. I was pretty bummed that it filmed too low.. Setting up these things is a pain! Next time :D

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Originally posted by 911
That pisses me off to hear that people were cutting the course through the woods.
It's not cutting the course if it's not taped. To be clear, the "line" we are talking about was less than 5 feet from the main line.

If you call this cutting the course, then the people jumping the log to cut the one corner a little tighter were cutting the course.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Nice video, that course looked a lot longer than past ones, and really pedally. I'm not so upset now that I didn't go.

What was the best Expert time? Low 5 mins?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
I also got to meet many cool cats!!
Bikes are the coolest thing on earth!! BRAAP!!
I like cats! and bikes too!

BRrrrraaAAAAAP!

P.S.
I think you should make Fronjay Sandbagg hand wash your car, since you obviously aren't going to do it.
He owes for not winning the expert class again this year. AND what was with that bike he was riding? It had REAR suspension!!!!!!11

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Mani_UT

Story goes as follows:

I went to register for Semi-pro 4man on Thursday morning. I hand in my paperwork and my lisence and the lady working says that I can't race because I am an expert. I tell her that I sent in my upgrade a good 8 or so months ago and that I raced the the Idaho and Durango nationals last year as well as Sea Otter classic this year. She goes and searches the computer and says that I am not a semi-pro. She tells me to talk to some other lady who then tells me to call Rogene at Norba to request an upgrade. I didn't have a phone, so she called. No suprise to me, she doesn't answer, so I was stuck racing Expert DH.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Metal
Story goes as follows:

I went to register for Semi-pro 4man on Thursday morning. I hand in my paperwork and my lisence and the lady working says that I can't race because I am an expert. I tell her that I sent in my upgrade a good 8 or so months ago and that I raced the the Idaho and Durango nationals last year as well as Sea Otter classic this year. She goes and searches the computer and says that I am not a semi-pro. She tells me to talk to some other lady who then tells me to call Rogene at Norba to request an upgrade. I didn't have a phone, so she called. No suprise to me, she doesn't answer, so I was stuck racing Expert DH.
It looks like both you and Carlin belong in Semi-Bro from here out at least if not eventually pro. I wish I could have made it down, that course looks sooo fun!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by Metal
Story goes as follows:

lol busted by norba.:mad: :D

i got my legends class ?downgrade?

phil tinsman was the only one there. mabey some more will jion the ranks by VT. nice race sanjay. i bet you didn't get a dime for 2nd at a NCS! look like you could of used the bike there huh?
anyway good ride. laters alex

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
thanks jon, timmy and i got our asses handed to us, basically in our race run, after the first 100 feet of pedalling we cried ourselves down the rest of the mountain after seeing henry o'donell and duncan riffle do a 100% all out sprint.

Morgan

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Yeah from the looks of the Helmet cam somebody posted it was a pedal your ass off course, not the least bit tech, and almost no jumps. :(

I'm not very upset anymore for not going. See ya at Snowshoe + Mt Snow. They're gonna be the opposite of Big Bear, muddy, super technical, plenty of natural rockdrops and jumps, and you can basically coast down it.

Joke's on that sandbagger Duncan Riffle, somebody said that he got penalized for leaving the gate early. Serves him right. :D