Quantcast

Any boston area group rides just yet?

BEAUster

Chimp
Sep 21, 2003
Boston, MA
are you familiar with vietnam in milford? we usually do a sunday morning ride out there... check bustedspoke.com, it's a new england biking site

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Myself and a few people have started doing shuttle riding sunday mornings at the Worcester Airport trails. It may be a bit further drive than what you are looking for, but pm me if you're interested.

BEAUster

Chimp
Sep 21, 2003
Boston, MA
Originally posted by Inclag
Myself and a few people have started doing shuttle riding sunday mornings at the Worcester Airport trails. It may be a bit further drive than what you are looking for, but pm me if you're interested.
worcester mass? what kind of trails are they? dh? fr?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Originally posted by BEAUster
worcester mass? what kind of trails are they? dh? fr?
Well, there is actually a large series of pretty demanding and pretty long XC trails around the whole worcester/paxton/holden area, that seems only the locals know about.

If you have ever gone up rt. 122 in Worcester, by the Worcester Airport there is a pretty good elevation gain, and there are some trails that start at some radio towers at the end of Ansebumskit St. that you can smoke down all the way back to your cars. There are a couple small climbs but it is definately really fun and good practice for dh. It really isn't freeride stuff, but the ends to one of the trails is hairy-steep and pretty difficult. Myself, some :monkey: 's and their riding buddies, and some people from my college have been riding there pretty frequently and we are actually planning on building some new trails since the place has alot of potential.

If you are interested in doing any rides with us just shoot pm and I can fill you in.