Quantcast

Any California history buffs?

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
So, anybody here know something about the Donner party? Reason being is that my teacher is requiring an interview in addition to our other 5 sources for our paper. Now you may say go look for people yourself, but here is the problem. I was trying to interview a California history major, but she kept telling me to look at books and find somebody else to interview. So, just curious if any of you that are informed wouldn't mind me "interviewing" them on aim or something. I'm sure there are some of you here. I'm still looking but I thought I would check the :monkey:.

and i forgot to add in some :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What kind of person do you have to interview? My wife has her masters in medieval history. And I study medieval history but have no degrees. Neither one of us specialize in Cal history though. Sorry.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
one of the survivors from 'party' recently got his wallet back. some climber found it 30 some odd years later and returned it to him....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I dunno much about the Donner party, other than the basics, but I can tell you a funny story about Donner Lake...I was on northshore boarding at sugarbowl one weekend and there was this drunk f*ck in the parking lot of the hotel wandering around saying he saw 'it' in the lake...I was like you saw what...and he said NESSIE! Now, I think he meant, TESSIE...as in Tahoe Tessie the legendary Lake Tahoe monster (friendly lake monster, from what I gather from local lore...) anyway, I think he mighta meant Tessie, but Tessie lives in Tahoe...NOT Donner which is just a stones throw away, if you will, from Tahoe...it was pretty fun acting like I believed the guy and engaging in conversation about a black, 30 foot lake monster for about 5 mintues with him. He was pretty sure it was Nessie though...not sure why the Loch Ness monster would leave Scotland to come to Truckee?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
"Some of these buildings are over 20 years old"
Sorry, apropos to nothing, just thought of that movie (LA Story)when I read the thread title.;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
captainpolution said:
So, anybody here know something about the Donner party? Reason being is that my teacher is requiring an interview in addition to our other 5 sources for our paper. Now you may say go look for people yourself, but here is the problem. I was trying to interview a California history major, but she kept telling me to look at books and find somebody else to interview. So, just curious if any of you that are informed wouldn't mind me "interviewing" them on aim or something. I'm sure there are some of you here. I'm still looking but I thought I would check the :monkey:.

and i forgot to add in some :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Frankly, I would question the "interview" part. Whoever you interviewed is not going to be part of the Donner Party, but another history person reguritating whatever research you can find on your own.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Brian HCM#1 said:
To collect his three fiddy, everyone knows that.
hahahahah

*comic guy voice* best episode ever *comic guy voice*

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone. Ridemonkey wouldn't have been my first choice, however...:confused:

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
sanjuro said:
Frankly, I would question the "interview" part. Whoever you interviewed is not going to be part of the Donner Party, but another history person reguritating whatever research you can find on your own.

yea basicaly that is all I expect.

thats why it is hard. time for a fake name :evil:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I will agree to the interveiw, as long as you go to the encyclopedia do all the research and just tell me when you're done so I can sign off on it. What kind of stupid assignment is this? Who does your teacher think you could possibly interveiw this isn't like a WWII interveiw where you can find an actual veteren, Comtrary to what Bush says I beleive this child is being left behind.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
maxyedor said:
I will agree to the interveiw, as long as you go to the encyclopedia do all the research and just tell me when you're done so I can sign off on it. What kind of stupid assignment is this? Who does your teacher think you could possibly interveiw this isn't like a WWII interveiw where you can find an actual veteren, Comtrary to what Bush says I beleive this child is being left behind.

haha yea basicaly ive done all my research. ive got like 4 and a half pages of pretty much fact typed up right now

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
all right you can put me down as the interveiwee and just say I got a degree in CA. history from CSU Long Beach, actualy I just went to a party over there a while back and was talking to a chick who was a history major, thats works right?