Quantcast

Any car mechanic monkeys in Denver?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Anyone with tools and at least jack stands around the Denver area that would like to help with an alternator replacement in an Audi A6 avant??? All of my tools are still back in VT and I won't be going back there until xmas. I have the alternator in hand.

I can pay you for your time and/or provide photography services, bake you 100 different cheesecakes, paint your house, etc.

I don't have $1200 lying around right now to bring it to a shop.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
audi_Front.jpgMostly the same procedure. Roughly 7 hours of work. Same as a timing belt/water pump replacement. You have to remove to whole front of the car. It is an audi after all. Worst purchase of my life.

Last edited:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
What's on the tool list that you need? I've got stands and a good amount of stuff around. Never pulled the front end off a car before, who knows, could be fun.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
May I suggest setting the car on fire?
Fixing everything and getting rid of it ASAP. I would love the pure satisfaction of watching it burn to the ground though!

holy jeebus
The timing belt/water pump alone last year was $2200. Put about $5500 into the car. That is when I was making good money. Should have def. gotten rid of it then and there, but no, I'm dumb.

What's on the tool list that you need? I've got stands and a good amount of stuff around. Never pulled the front end off a car before, who knows, could be fun.
Full set of 3/8" drive sockets, 10mm, 13mm, 19mm (12pt) for sure.
Torx sockets: T45, T40, T30, possibly others, make sure to have a variety.
Allen Sockets/Wrenches: 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm
Wrenches: 10mm, 32mm (I believe or a large-1 1/4"- crescent wrench)
Pliers
Phillips and Standard screwdrivers
Straight edge, long flat bar, decent yard stick or something similar about 3 ft long.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Full set of 3/8" drive sockets, 10mm, 13mm, 19mm (12pt) for sure.
Torx sockets: T45, T40, T30, possibly others, make sure to have a variety.
Allen Sockets/Wrenches: 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm
Wrenches: 10mm, 32mm (I believe or a large-1 1/4"- crescent wrench)
Pliers
Phillips and Standard screwdrivers
Straight edge, long flat bar, decent yard stick or something similar about 3 ft long.
I've got 3/8" sockets, Allen Wrenches, Def a 10mm wrench, pliers, and screwdrivers. I can take a better inventory tonight if you found someone else with the rest of it (or hitup a hardware store)

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm glad you posted that pic. I was going to offer a hand but after seeing that you can go fvck yourself.
HAHA!!! It is actually fairly easy to remove the front end, but it is a fairly lengthy process. The pic is a lot more daunting than the actual work.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Seriously though, PM teh Joker, between him, myself and skyst3lth we can probably get it done with plenty of time to get drunk afterwards. You'll have to do it on a sun-mon-tues for me to make it up there though.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Seriously though, PM teh Joker, between him, myself and skyst3lth we can probably get it done with plenty of time to get drunk afterwards. You'll have to do it on a sun-mon-tues for me to make it up there though.
Drunk afterwards??? You've been wrenching on cars all kinds of wrong if that's the case. :cheers:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
One of my old co workers found some loop hole in the wording and it was legit. Not sure if that has been fixed though, that was 2003.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I found a good local wrench for working on my Audi.

AA Auto in Golden, just off of 70/58. Chinese guy named Bob is an excellent Audi/VW mechanic, honest and reasonably priced. Give him a call.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Seems like it would be easier to just put a generator in the back seat.

7 hours to change and alternator? Damn. I just did one on a friend's car in about 10 minutes. And that included five minutes of drinking.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a public service announcement for anyone in the denver area who knows anyone with a syncro vanagon....

blazer automotive on broadway is the place to go.