Quantcast

Any Coments On This Fork

Leon94

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
McLean, VA
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2007_forks/product_129745.shtml

It appears they upgraded the cartridge damping, the travel, adjustment, and lowers for the 2007, which is nearly twice the cost as the 2006 model (QR, 145mm, $230 Pricepoint).

The Nixon line of forks haven't gotten very good ratings over the years. I couldn't find any descent reviews on the 2007 other than the one above. I would research more Manitou forks to see which one is more suited for your riding style before spending $400.

Good luck!

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Mark-

My suggestion is that you stop asking everyone about every single component you're thinking about, and just built your bike! and go with a marz fork.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
easy solution. you get what you pay for...

there is a very good reason that the fork is on special. i mean 400$ is a good amount of money, but if the nixon is like every other manipoo fork out there it will 400$ wasted. i say go with marz. to be on the safe side.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
I rode it at interbike this year and was impressed with the Nixon's performance. When Hayes bought out Manitou they moved their production back to the states. I am buying one this year because I was so impressed. Manitou has a long way to go to earn back bike riders trust but believe me they are a different company which is very focused on moving back into the suspension game.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
hes not looking at an 08, but i do believe that hayes had taken over in 08 so who knows i could be wrong, but i can tell you this much i will never be running manipoo.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Manitou is a roll of the dice. They're designs are good, but their manufacturing is hit and miss. If you get lucky, you'll get a great fork. If not, you'll have to send it back (maybe multiple times) for warranty until they get it right.

I had an 03' Skareb that went back twice, they sent me an 04' and I rode it for 3 years with no problems.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have had some very good luck and some really ****ty luck with manitou. i would decide on if the fork fits your purpose well. if it does and it doesn't give you any trouble you will love it.