Quantcast

Any convertable hubs out there?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
vibiker said:
This may be a dumb question, but... does anyone make a front hub that can be used for both a 10mm QR and with a 20mm axle?
azonic outlaw wheelset comes with front and rear convertible hubs (10/12r, 10/20f) not sure what the exact model of the hub is, give em a call

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have a set I picked up from a bike shop in WA state. ;)

BikeWorks of Lake Stevens. Sealed Bearings Fr is 10mm QR/20mm thru convertable. and the rear is Convertable also but I am not sure. I think it is 10mm QR/12mm thru. He builds LOTS of wheels.

Give him a ring....

I have his contac info linked on my sig, I :think:

Give them a call and ask for Scott. It will probably be him or his sons answering the phone.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
hate to say it:
SuperGo Launch FR

according to one guy at SuperGo they are the exact same wheels as the Outlaws, just silver instead of black. I've never tried them and don't know anyone that has but they do look pretty nice.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the supergo and the performance loco wheels are the same thing as the azonic outlaws at a much better price. i have been riding a set for a while now and they are a very good wheel set. also they are alot cheaper than the azonic's

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Sir_Crackien said:
the supergo and the performance loco wheels are the same thing as the azonic outlaws at a much better price. i have been riding a set for a while now and they are a very good wheel set. also they are alot cheaper than the azonic's
Good to hear, that's the first review I've ever found of those. Every few weeks they drop them to $129, a seriously killer deal that I passed up many times.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
sleepinggiant said:
I coulda sworn Hadley fronts are not convertable
Anybody have any info on this?
I have a Hadley front QR hub that was built in july or august of this year. I would like to convert it to 20mm if possible.
I set the QR wheel next to my 20mm wheel (hubs were built in the same batch) and the 20mm hub is much wider in diameter. Does this mean no, or is there still a conversion kit for this?
It is laser etched with: "H500210 R5.0
Pic here

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
sleepinggiant said:
I coulda sworn Hadley fronts are not convertable
you are correct, i was wrong. bummer.

i would recommend Hope or DTswiss FR.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I just looked and they can't be because the Outlaws are 36h and the Supergo wheels are 32h.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hope Bulb Is your Best purchase for a convertable..... If your short on cash can always Get a Dimensions thats convertable.... its like 50 bucks or so But if your going that rout Spend the doh get the hope....Hope you can swap back and forth for truing and such.... some of the cheapies you cant.... not that you cant true a 20mil type just eaiser with the QR installed is all
________
Naddia live

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Just curious. People have mentioned DT Swiss, but a convertible front hub was not listed on their site or in Quality.

I delved deeper, and I found that the Hugi FR hub has caps for 20mm and QR. Is that hub convertible?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
bomberboy11 said:
True Precision Stealth hubs.

Dude give it a brake...they have not made hubs for years and the promise of manufacturing them again has been floating around since they ceased.

Vaporware!!

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
sanjuro said:
Just curious. People have mentioned DT Swiss, but a convertible front hub was not listed on their site or in Quality.

I delved deeper, and I found that the Hugi FR hub has caps for 20mm and QR. Is that hub convertible?
Correct. I have an 03 Hugi FR 20 mm front hub and I had the lbs order the end caps to convert it to QR.