Quantcast

any decent trails in Mcdowell Co. NC?

slick

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Marion, NC
I'm new to riding and I live in Marion. Does anyone know of any good trails around here? Also I would like to join up with anyone that rides around here.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
slick said:
I'm new to riding and I live in Marion. Does anyone know of any good trails around here? Also I would like to join up with anyone that rides around here.

Are you kidding, you are slap in the mecca of NC mountain biking! Lots of good stuff around but the skill level is not very beginner. Kitzuma near Old Fort, lots of knar-core riding up in the Wilson Creek Gorge, etc. etc. If you are looking for a more beginner friendly ride you might need to take a trip to Lincolnton to ride PeeWee's :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
oh ...also..if you climb up Curtis Creek dirt road in Old Fort, you'll see an old fire road on your left that goes backin the opposite direction and up. It has a hole dug to keep cars out. That is the exit of Snooks Knob. If you park there (it's just below the old camping area and trout waters cutoff), and ride the dirt road up to the Parkway, you can turn left on the Parkway and ride to the lookout for Snooks. At the lookout behind a pile of rocks is the unmarked entrance to the trail. Walk the first 100 yards as it's on Parkway property and then just drop in back into Curtis Creek....