Quantcast

any dh/freeriders in austin area?

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
:monkey:
anyone ride dh around here? im looking for people to ride urban with also. i need some help digging my trails and jumps, so if anyone wants to ride let me know!

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
I live in San Antonio. Does that count? I just askedthe same question on MTBreview. There doesnt seem to be many of us in Tx. That suxs. O well. Let me know if ya wanna hook up, I come to austin quite a bit to visitmy brother, All I do is urban ride and dirt jumps. Peace, Josh

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
do you want to ride tonight? 11/1. my friend and i plan on riding on campus....swt. let me know.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
I wish I could, but I have some family in town till sat. FUK FUK FUK. Let me know when you will do it again. Do you go to UT? I poached the campus about 2 months ago. It was fun. Alot of stuff to do. Peace , Josh

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
thats cool. i go to swt in san marcos. the campus isnt as big, but there are about 50 times the stair gaps. im going back to my parents house in georgetown this weekend to to ride and build on my dirt jumps if you want to come check 'em out.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
You got my attention, hehe. The jumps are in Georgetown? or San marcos? I wont be able to get away till sun. Me and a friend started on a 10 pack here in town. Just need more rain right now. The first gap is 23 feet, the second is 12 feet, but it throws you alot higher, more of a trick jump, thats all we got right now. Theres soo much room to build more, but soo hard tofind ppl to help, soo its gonna take awhile. Hey if you have msn messenger, My email is JoshRhame@hotmail.com.

downhil

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
right now they are less 9th street style and more dual slalom style...more like a race course. there probably isnt anything more than 10 feet. we have also started building shore style stunts too. sunday is cool, ill definitely be out there. my email is downhil@collegeclub.com. oh, the jumps are in georgetown. about an hour and a half up 35 for you.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Squasher
Thanks dude. I'll loook in to it. :)
hEY IF YOU want some real fun theres a 24 hour race in smithsville this weekend. The ranch is a lot of fun. there's going to be live music and food and beer. Plus a **** load of biking. Come out and check it out!!!!

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by The Toninator
hey guy's check out bikemojo there's a big SA group of riders there.
Thanks for the promo Toni

Downhill and Squasher......
there is some downhill courses in the area. First to come to mind is Flat Rock Ranch in Comfort.

One downhill course was put in last year and they are building another. Also they participated in the new Texas State Downhill Series

This year the Downhill race at Comfort will be part of the 2002 STORM Hill Country Challenge. A downhill race combined with a full stage race of Time trials, dirt crits and XC racing.

Contact Jimmy the ranch owner for more info. He can also be reached on the

Bike Mojo Raspa Board

Don't hesitate to contact me. I will get you hooked up if I can.

aLaN@BikeMoJo.com

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
but my best freind built 2 of the 3 courses there. Jordan Blake. Jordan and Todd built the first one.(sport class), then Todd built the 2nd one(expert class). Then Jordan and Chad built the 3rd one( beginner class). I have done the sport and beginner one and sorta the expert one . I am deffinately looking 4ward to next year. I also know Jimmy, or at least my family does. Our property buts up to the north side of his property. We need to talk Jimmy into letting us build a slalom course. Owell, Peace , Josh

Bike Mojo

Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
San Antonio, Texass
Originally posted by Squasher
but my best freind built 2 of the 3 courses there. Jordan Blake. I have rode all 3 of those courses. Jordan and Todd built the first one.(sport class), then Todd built the 2nd one(expert class). Then Jordan and Chad built the 3rd one( beginner class). I have done all 3. They are fun, but just a little short. I am deffinately looking 4ward to next year. I also know Jimmy, or at least my family does. Our property buts up to the north side of his property. We need to talk Jimmy into letting us build a slalom course. That would be dope. They could have all 3 events and make it huge. Owell, Peace , Josh
I have heard Jimmy talking about your family. Something about trying to hook up trails across both ranches??? Or something to that effect......

Jimmy rulz!

And I (briefly) met Jordan and Todd last year when they were out building.

See ya out on the trails