Quantcast

Any dh opportunities around Lake Aerowhead?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I'm staying with family at the lake for the weekend and I'm hoping to find some riding. Shuttle prefered. PM me with locations thanks.
C

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I know of a fireroad that runs from where the paved hwy 138 ends to somewhere in arrowhead. I rode it when I was like 13 years old and it was fun on a ridgid bike. I know the PCT roughly follows the road but it's off limits to bikes and it's not really the greatest downhill trail, not a bad XC ride though. Other than that I'm gonna say you'll have more fun waterskiing unless you can find a local who knows about some "special" trails. FWIW mountain biking isn't too popular in the Inland Empire for some reason, there aren't any knowledgable shops that I found where DH is concerned except for the wankers in BB that only had a couple of parts left over from their race team. I wouldn't be suprised if there aren't any "special" trails in that area that have been maintained in the last 5 years.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Ask around when you get up there. I was told there are some half decent trails near the "Childrens Forrest" but never got out there. Word on the street is there is a killer trial near Crestline that was built by a certain local pro...