Quantcast

Any feedback on Minion UST

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
This thread is so informative and timely, And thanks Acadian for asking all the questions I needed answers to. I tried Maxxes tires for the first time last weekend at BB, And although they were very small (2.35 mobsters boy do they run small) the grip was amazing! Can't wait to get the new set 2.7 Minion DHF SRY and the 2.5 HR 60 duro rear.

Anyone want to buy a set of 2.35's almost new... :)

-H

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Riff Raff said:
This thread is so informative and timely, And thanks Acadian for asking all the questions I needed answers to. I tried Maxxes tires for the first time last weekend at BB, And although they were very small (2.35 mobsters boy do they run small) the grip was amazing! Can't wait to get the new set 2.7 Minion DHF SRY and the 2.5 HR 60 duro rear.

Anyone want to buy a set of 2.35's almost new... :)

-H
so far..yet so similar!! ;) I'll let you know how they work once I get them and try them out. can't wait to find out if Maxxis tires are really "all that"! ;)

SCARY

Not long enough
profro said:
Maxxis has realized that both tires, the DHF and DHR, can be and have been used universally for front and rear tires and they are trying to move away from listing them as front or rear specific tires.

However, a little birdy has told me that after Interbike in October it is possible that several of their tires will be offered in UST DH versions. ;) But I don't know why they decided to only release the DHR in UST first.

As for the tires, I have used the DHR in UST front and rear and I think it excells in fast hardpack. It rolls extremely well and corners moderiately well on hardpack or loose over hardpack. The adavantage is that in the UST version without running tubes you can get this tire to preform better than it really is. I mean by lowering the pressure and without the extra ply of the tube the tire really conforms to the terrian and can give excellent traction.

I have also run prototype versions of the DHF in UST (front and rear) and this tire excells in medium soil or loose over hardpack. At the right pressure cornering on this tire can be a dream, but the braking might not be as good. But on hard pack, the tire doesn't bite quite as hard due to the high center knobs. Take for instance the Bling Bling, which has the same corner knobs. The Bling Bling can bite on hardpack much better due to the corner knobs being relatively higher to the center knobs. Does that make sense.

I am sponsored by Maxxis and as a result I get to try lots of different tires and I don't mind giving my opinions, but I am by no means a tire designer or expert.
Tell your little birdie to hook a brotha up.