Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Hitler sums up the germans season before the final two races....

In all seriousness though. You cant really ask for a better season given the regulations weve got IMO. Also you cant really ask for a more exciting close to the season, Abu Dhabi may not be Yawn Marina this year.

expecting crickets.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Max Mosely apparently likes Hitler too. :rofl:

Ferrari is proving their worth the second half of the season! thankfully they didnt give up again like last year to focus on the next year's car.

RBR is proving how fragile they are yet again. qualifying 1st doesnt mean sh!t if you cant go flag-to-flag

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i talk about this every time my friend and I talk about F1. he's the worst thing for F1.
unfortunately, he IS F1 and makes no attempt to hide it
True. Our only hope at this point is the old circuits can hang on and turbos with ground effects in 2013. ....That and old age.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
i talk about this every time my friend and I talk about F1. he's the worst thing for F1.
unfortunately, he IS F1 and makes no attempt to hide it
incredibly, he's already sold F1 about 4 times - but still manages to stay in control. work that one out :think:

EDIT: with any luck when he does go he'll pass F1 on to the next generation of Ecclestone

:brows:

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
incredibly, he's already sold F1 about 4 times - but still manages to stay in control. work that one out :think:
4 that included buyouts of previous stockholders and dismantling of parent companies, yet he still manages FOM and FOA because of his part-ownership in Alpha Prema

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Saw this write up this morning. So true.

Bernie's logic for selecting new tracks:-

Find someone willing to pay ridiculously high price – ensuring F1 stays out of the reach of it’s true fans

Ignore what facilities the country has to host a GP and even if they have a track ready or suitable

Get rid of an historic successful and popular event to make way for the new event

Ignore the timezone

Panic about the timezone and then force new event to buy lots of lights

Ignore prevailing weather conditions at new venue

Make sure FOM and their cronies get free first class access to the F1 circus, whatever space is needed just take it away from the masses. Leave them in the rain, hot sun, sand whatever – but charge them more.

Panic about there being no F1 track then call Tilke

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Austin, Texas paid all that money and most of it went to him. he wanted Montreal to pay something like $150mil to keep having a race there, but settled for "only" $75 mil :think:
all the new tracks have scrambled to the very lat minute to finish their tracks too..(korea, bahrain and probably Austin too)

the timezone thing is also stupid, especially for logistics and the teams that are granted free transport for being in the point contention. having a race in asia, then going to south america, then back to asia makes ZERO sense.

the singapore race under lights is actualy pretty damn cool. the new type of bulbs that Philips made works pretty damn well too.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I thought they only made screwdrivers?:p

But I do hope the Texas track is a success. I plan on making a pilgrimage out to a race there.
i hope to make it to Austin for the first race too. hopefully their planned 12hr commute to and from the race, doesnt actually turn out to be 12hours!
i was making plans to go to Indy right before they canceled the race there and this year's plans for Montreal didnt pan out :mad::mad:, so im really hoping to make it to Texas ( i didnt think id ever say that :D)

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Brazil is one of my favorite tracks.
Red Bull of course looks fast in practice. Thankfully the Scuderia is looking good to. Hopefully Alonso keeps on his good luck streak.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
...I think something just happened to Alono's engine. Not sure if there will be a penalty yet.
it was Massa's transmission. he hit a kerb funny and it shifted into neutral.there should be a penalty since it happened in practice

Alonso get a lower mileage engine (not new) for practice.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Alonso should have been angry at the huge choke job he and his entire team pulled.

And you know what? If you can't get around Petrov, you don't deserve to win the title.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
eh, it wasnt a choke. it was just poor timing when it came to their pit stop.
Petrov and Kubica held him up enough to put a gap b/w them and the group in front of them. if he would have passed both Renaults, he would have tied Vettel for the season

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
The shift from the current normally-aspirated V8s to efficient energy recovery-boosted 1.6 litre four-cylinder turbos with fuel restrictions is expected to be rubber-stamped shortly by the F1 Commission and the FIA's World Motor Sport Council within days.
Bernie actually has some sense
But Ecclestone admits he still has misgivings. "We have a very good engine formula. Why should we change it to something that is going to cost millions of pounds and that nobody wants and that could end up with one manufacturer getting a big advantage?"
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/35830.html