Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Great race.

Russell...oops.
Seriously. I saw the results before watching the race and the whole time I was waiting for Hamilton to take Russell out until BAM. Norris said he hit that same spot, just not quite as hard as Russell did.

That track is near impossible to overtake.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Didn't realize that was only his second win until they said so after the flag.

Need Lando to break his duck and get one.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Max put down an opening quali lap down that was so good, he had to beat himself by .2 for pole. :rofl:

Not saying the Red Bull car isn't good, but Max is just driving next level. The dude doesn't make a mistake.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also having an F1 WDC trophy next to your sim rig in view while you stream online races is the world's biggest flex and I love it (on top of his RB fridge)!

FB_IMG_1696772275371.jpg
Screenshot_20231008-064312.png

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
He really does. What's crazy is Alpine wanted to keep him on the bench another year for Alonzo. I'm so happy he went to McLaren instead.
At first I was like “wow, that’s pretty disrespectful to do when that team dumped millions into his development” but when I read what was really going on (I believe he didn’t even have a current contract at the time?!) it sounded like he was just getting his chain yanked. I’d have been pissed too.

He seems like a good fit at McLaren. Also seems like a pretty humble guy.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At first I was like “wow, that’s pretty disrespectful to do when that team dumped millions into his development” but when I read what was really going on (I believe he didn’t even have a current contract at the time?!) it sounded like he was just getting his chain yanked. I’d have been pissed too.

He seems like a good fit at McLaren. Also seems like a pretty humble guy.
McLaren has the best pair on the grid for sure. Now that the car is coming around, they could be a legit 1-2 threat next year. They are pushing each other and seem to get along, so I am excited to see how they end up.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
McLaren has the best pair on the grid for sure. Now that the car is coming around, they could be a legit 1-2 threat next year. They are pushing each other and seem to get along, so I am excited to see how they end up.
Agree 100%. We’re McLaren fanatics in this household so we were stoked about the last race and yesterday would be an understatement.

We’ll see how they do today…not starting in the best positions due to the track limit issues, but they have a ton of pace and two young, talented, hungry drivers.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Agree 100%. We’re McLaren fanatics in this household so we were stoked about the last race and yesterday would be an understatement.

We’ll see how they do today…not starting in the best positions due to the track limit issues, but they have a ton of pace and two young, talented, hungry drivers.
I'm a fan. Like Williams, the idea of starting an F1 team from scratch is just bad ass. Bruce McLaren is a legend and now they make amazing road cars, too.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, but have you seen the $25k packages?

The Opening Ceremony will feature iconic performances by Andra Day, Bishop Briggs, J Balvin, Journey, Keith Urban, Steve Aoki, Thirty Seconds to Mars and will.i.am, plus all 20 Formula 1® drivers and appearances by Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Predicting a shit show.
Not sure Merc or Ferrari will be able to run their cars high enough to avoid planking too often on the roads :p