Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Thats what Bernie "said". He may be chasing dollar signs though....

2 things:
The tifosi will be pissed.
The scariest part of all of this is, the proposed date for this race is currently about the time frame for Spa. If Spa or Monza go, heads will roll.

Also, meh, its another road course.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Has anyone been watching the Third Reich on the History channel? Poor syphyllitic Hitler. It certainly explains the skinheads love of F1 racing... They need to go bowling...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they have a interesting horizontal wing next to the intake

edit: its different from their car they showed

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
whats really interesting is Renault has a forward facing exhaust concept. I cant wait to see if its of any benefit.
whered you see that? i cant seem to find a pic
it seems most teams are hiding their exhaust in some way or another

MGP is bringing sexy back

and its always interesting to see new ways around new rules

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Yup. Though, Red Bull's looks way easier. The Renault's in theory should create more airflow through the diffuser though.

Who knows if its any good though?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
^^ Thats really a horrible picture. Try this. Personally I don't mind it, I like McLaren's approach to getting clean air into the diffuser. I heard rumor that they may also be installing a forward exiting exhaust. Especially after revealing everything under the skin at this mornings launch event.

Im biased though.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I thought for sure he was dead in Montreal a couple of years ago. I wonder how many he's got left. I hope his hand gets better, he's one of the better drivers to watch, IMO.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
My guess is that its an intake for some electronics, possibly kers.

I would think if it were the exhaust they would at least angle it down 90 degrees.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they do have a interesting intake behind the driver's head that i hadnt seen before. almost looks like a few intake openings of some sort.

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
^ Good comparison photos. They should go ahead and replace drivers with the remote controls and have full scale F1 R/C cars.
Still looking forward to this season , but skeptical about some of the changes.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
no shocker here really. it would be crazy for them to go during this time in the country's internal fight
The Bahrain Grand Prix has been postponed because of the ongoing unrest inside the state. A statement this afternoon issued on behalf of Bahrain's Crown Prince had informed Bernie Ecclestone of the decision earlier in the day.

The announcement referred to it being a postponement rather than a cancellation but it is hard to see how the race could be rescheduled inside an already busy end-of-season calendar.
http://en.espnf1.com/bahrain/motorsport/story/41504.html

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
anyone have any info on how their pneumatic drivetrain works? i havent really been able to find any info on it.
...maybe Gridds can chime in?