Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
COTA is an awesome venue by all appearances. Given what has just been put into the 2023 Schedule, I'm thinking Miami is a one-and-done event. Was feeling generally positive toward it being where it is but, that recent development there shows some form of general incompetence is being allowed to voice their opinion.

It will play out into next season, then be canceled IMO.
Given how much the drivers dislike the safety of the Saudi street track, I doubt they'll appreciate yet another street track being added to the schedule for Vegas.

As these new cars need a smooth running surface to maintain downforce with their stiffly sprung chassis, public streets generally aren't going to play nice.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Given how much the drivers dislike the safety of the Saudi street track, I doubt they'll appreciate yet another street track being added to the schedule for Vegas.

As these new cars need a smooth running surface to maintain downforce with their stiffly sprung chassis, public streets generally aren't going to play nice.
The initial Saudi track was just too unconventional, the cars could achieve the performance intended to be extracted from the circuit but, driving style did not carry-over. Pretty sure alot of recent racing circuits are designed to also host Sportbikes, which has to play a role in design. Learned that even kerbing at Jeddah does not play well with the new cars, lacking the previous cars natural-damping from having more tire sidewall. Mick Schumacher's shunt was hectic, happy he's fine.

We'll see about Las Vegas - that's not a residential area and it is intended to attract people to the area. If it's a more stable area of the strip (I see Bellagio in PR releases) then the new road surface being planned can avoid economy-grade materials to handle larger vehicles, etc. Alot of logistics whichever way you shake it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The Aston is a POS.

Wasn't sure if you meant the F1 car.

Glad to see McLaren found some form.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Was a good race last weekend. Russell is outscoring Hamilton pretty consistently. I had a feeling it was going to be like that. New cars meant level field between teammates.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Terrible "race", I think there was one overtake shown on track.

I'll be glad if Monaco doesn't have a contract going forward.
What a snooze fest. If Alonso can hold up THAT many cars for THAT long and they can’t get around him, you know there’s an issue.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I watch’ed “Rush“ Again last night and saw something I must have never seen before? Don’t know how I did not see it before? There is a scene where Hunt goes into the pit,and for split second,a car behind him pull’s in as well. That Car had 4 wheels in the Front? What is going on? Should I write a letter to Ron Howard and Inform him?

Avy

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I watch’ed “Rush“ Again last night and saw something I must have never seen before? Don’t know how I did not see it before? There is a scene where Hunt goes into the pit,and for split second,a car behind him pull’s in as well. That Car had 4 wheels in the Front? What is going on? Should I write a letter to Ron Howard and Inform him?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Wow,Thank You Brother. I had no Idea? My Favorite is Lauder. Even though I was too young to enjoy it. Those day’s were just Savage. Another thing,Niki bought his own Airline. Do you have any Idea how much money that is? I could not believe it when I first heard? Further,he did not Buy Old Birds,he was rockin Boing 767. State of the Art at that time. Yes,I am aware of the terrible accident. Even his Airline was Top Notch.

Can you Guy’s tell me the wealth of Niki,compared to Hamilton? Who had More Money? To Buy a Fuckin Airline and have his Name on it tome is Insane. My Father was 50 years TWA,I am a Airline Brat as they say. I unnderstand the Dollar in the 70’s was different than today. Is it even possible to answer my question? Thank You.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To make formula 1 actually interesting they just need to make the cars much narrower so there is more than one good line in a corner and rely more on driver skill than the team of engineers. Something like this perhaps

1657139489823.png

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What was that all about?
This or another thread used to be called the "hey F1 and Hitler Fans" or something to that effect*. I like F1 but resisted posting in it because of the Hitler inference. Or *Something to that effect usage. Almost as good as incorporating the word "indeed" into a sentence, but not quite.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was hoping to see Norris sneak his first pole, but great to see Russell get in there. Shame Hamilton had DRS issues and couldn't try for a final lap. Will be interesting to see what the Redbull's can do from 10/11 on what's normally a bad track for overtaking.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I was hoping to see Norris sneak his first pole, but great to see Russell get in there. Shame Hamilton had DRS issues and couldn't try for a final lap. Will be interesting to see what the Redbull's can do from 10/11 on what's normally a bad track for overtaking.
I thought Norris got a pole last year?

Should be a good race. I never count Max out. That dude’s aggressive.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
10th to 1st and OWNED the race. Impressive for sure. Mercedes also look like they are getting things figured out.

….and then there’s Ferrari going out of their way to make sure they ruin any hope of Leclerc winning a race. Their strategists must have a problem with that guy.

EDIT: The F2 race was excellent. Need to make a point to watch more of those.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My new neighbor Inigo came over and watched the Hungary Grand Prix. Hes from Spain. He eats shrimp's whole. The heads, tails and everything. Drank all my beer too.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
For as shitty as that track is for overtakes, the '22 cars seemed to do pretty well. I was pulling for Russell to get a win, or at least finish above Hamilton. I can't help but think there is a standing team order to let Lewis win if given the chance.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
For as shitty as that track is for overtakes, the '22 cars seemed to do pretty well. I was pulling for Russell to get a win, or at least finish above Hamilton. I can't help but think there is a standing team order to let Lewis win if given the chance.
I only watched the race summary, but in it, they were commenting on how close the cars could get to each other without losing composure. Seems like there were a few "left, no right, no left" in and out overtakes in the corners. Not something that would have been possible in the previous gen cars given the slipstream issues I take it?