Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Was a bit of a nail biter after the pit stop incident. As would be expected though, Max got to it.

Afterwards, I did some catching up on the F2 and F3 racing. Soooo good. I’ll be all in on these series next year. The racing is fantastic. Check it out if you haven’t been following either as they are worth your time IMO.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Was a bit of a nail biter after the pit stop incident. As would be expected though, Max got to it.

Afterwards, I did some catching up on the F2 and F3 racing. Soooo good. I’ll be all in on these series next year. The racing is fantastic. Check it out if you haven’t been following either as they are worth your time IMO.
While I love seeing Alonso, there are so many youngsters that could use a seat. Not saying there are dozens of Max's waiting, but I do think there are a lot of potential options that could use a seat.

Next year has cool changes.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
While I love seeing Alonso, there are so many youngsters that could use a seat. Not saying there are dozens of Max's waiting, but I do think there are a lot of potential options that could use a seat.

Next year has cool changes.
Me too. I'm excited to se how Sargeant will do now that he's been announced at Williams. de Vries as well.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Consistency is key with the FIA :rofl:

It's not like anybody got hit with the mirror when it flew off. :rofl:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
It's not like anybody got hit with the mirror when it flew off. :rofl:
If they wanted to be even a little consistent they should’ve thrown the meatball flag to make him come in to fix it. But instead, they let him run the rest of the race, let it fly off and then penalize him after the fact??

And then a week later reverse the decision.

What a mess. Again.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If they wanted to be even a little consistent they should’ve thrown the meatball flag to make him come in to fix it. But instead, they let him run the rest of the race, let it fly off and then penalize him after the fact??

And then a week later reverse the decision.

What a mess. Again.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Checo did the whole race with one front end plate. I still can't believe they let him roll that way. KMag was pissed.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was both happy to see Russell win and Hamilton lose. Lots of good racing but I really wanted to see KMag get in the top 10.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Happy to see Seb get into Q3 in his last race. Good qualifying overall IMO.

The F2 Race was fantastic. Couldn’t understand the commentary as it was in German (I think?) but Drugovich is an animal.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The only pre-season testing session starts tomorrow in Bahrain for 3 days, first grand prix is next weekend at the same track!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The only pre-season testing session starts tomorrow in Bahrain for 3 days, first grand prix is next weekend at the same track!
Ferrari had resolved the PU issues and are running at 100% vs 80% last year. Mercedes has a whole other kit that they will use if the zero pod setup is still failing (how can you develop 2 cars under the budget cap?). I still give Red Bull the edge because Max is driving so next level that if they have a decent car, he's gonna win again.

I want to see Russell finish 3rd this year. He could be champ in a few more years easy.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Apart from #1, will be a very interesting year if this holds.
I'm really interested to see how the rookies do. I think Alfa Romeo will do well this year and if Alpha Tauri got the car figured out, they could be a solid midfield.

I'm most excited about Gasly at Alpine. They had a solid car last year and he could do well with good hardware.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Haas will save $250k in freight charges using a minimalist pit wall compared to Red Bull. Freight charges aren't included in the budget cap, but they didn't even meet the cap last year.

FB_IMG_1677245676324.jpg