Any Formula 1 Fans?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If Max had parked it in the gravel or had a wheel fall off at the pit stops that would have made the overall result more interesting. Some overtaking behind him though, but I think pretty much all of it was DRS down the main straight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If Max had parked it in the gravel or had a wheel fall off at the pit stops that would have made the overall result more interesting. Some overtaking behind him though, but I think pretty much all of it was DRS down the main straight.
Russell from 12th to 3rd was impressive, but poor Charles can't catch a break. And when he does, he puts it into the wall.

I think the field will tighten up further and next year will be a little more competitive. But Red Bull built the car and Max could win in a McLaren the way he's driving. It's a race for 2nd.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lando drove the wheels off that thing! The return of McLaren?
If they can do similar at the next race it's definitely looking good. If the Redbull was a few tenths slower this would be a fantastic championship with some of the 2nd place and back racing that been happening.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
de Vries is looking for work, Ricciardo has his former seat at mini redbull.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Tough on de Vries, but that's the nature of the sport. Not that any of the team bosses are guys that I'd particularly want to grab a beer with, but Helmut Marko and Horner both just seem like they're pretty terrible at managing other human beings. I will never understand the strategy of undercutting your drivers in the press when so much of performance in the sport centers around driver confidence.

Will be interesting to see how Ricciardo makes out in what looks to be a fairly crappy car.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I seriously want to see Yuki replace Checo and give him a fair 10 race shakedown. I bet he would kick ass in a proper car, he's driving the wheels of the bucket he's in now. He will mack Danny look bad, too.

Red Bull is ruthless with drivers. Step up or step aside. They have a long list of juniors waiting for a shot.