Quantcast

Any golfers in here?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
the Inbred said:
i don't think golf teaches you any more than any other sport. hell, the more i played and better i got, the less patience i had with myself...which lead to less sportsmanship.
Have you played football? I thought not. With guys like Mean Joe Green and the like to look up to, the teams I played on were manical. If I get into details, the thread would derail, but it was hardcore ball. And no, I did not learn patience or sportsmanship playing football. Play both sports for years and then get back to me...

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I had a set of clubs my uncle gave me shortened and regripped and I think it was somewhere around 100 bucks...its been a couple of years. Anyays it was worth it for me because they are very nice clubs, in fact they are too good for me if that makes sense. Like a lot of things fit is very important, I'd rather have a cheap set of clubs that fit me well then a nice set that was too small. It will make you learn bad habits in your swing that will be a pain to get out in the long run. Have you tried using your dad or brothers clubs? if they are about your height go and play some rounds using their clubs to see if you want to invest in some of your own

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
I don't know anything about real golf, but I am the Tiger Woods of mini golf...I will kick any and every bodys ass in pee wee golf...ant hills...I laugh at them...windmills...I scoff at them...loop de loops...I hit em blindfolded...
You are the Ernie McCracken of mini golf.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
Excellent! :thumb:

I played pee-wee and high school football. I learned that guys bigger then you will try to beat you up in the locker room and that football coaches are all weird. Let's see... there was "lazy eye" coach, there was "likes to pat you ass a bit too much" coach, and my fave, "it's better for him to yell here than to go home and beat his family" coach. Football coaches are weird.

I quit playing football after I took a real solid hit from a guy who was big and really knew the game. At that moment I realized that 5'6" is more suited to racing type sports rather then brute force type sports. Football was a fun game though.

Golf still sucks though. :D (Unless it's disc golf) :eviltongu to H8R for his disc golf H8! I bet he's a closet disc golf pro. Got his PDGA pro card and everything.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
"Check this out, Do you know what it is made of?"

"Uuumm, Rubber?"
Hey, I hope you don't mind, I got up a little early, so I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up, she sure is a stubborn one, whew.
[Takes a drink from the bucket]

We don't have a cow. We have a bull.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Ebay is your friend for buying golf equipment. There are tons of used iron sets from most manufacturers for +/- $200. Perfect for someone new to the game that doesn't want to spend a lot of $$$.

Having said that, with the used set you have, I would order a grip kit from golfsmith and do it yourself. Replacing grips on a steel shafted iron is really easy. The only thing you will need that the kit doesn't include is a vice and a utility knife. You can do a whole set in less than 30 minutes. Let them sit overnight and they are ready to go. If the shafts or iron heads have small rust spots, try using a scotch brite pad on them to clean them up.