Quantcast

Any good backpacks for photo/biking?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have nothing to contribute, but subscribed because I too am curious.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
search the picture takin area of RM....i think transcend had said something about this...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Something similar to a Camelback Mule but with a photo pouch. I will probably end up buying the Lowepro to try. The Osprey is ok, but I want to get away from putting the camera in a bag to put it in the backpack. That's what I do now. Looking for something with easy access while hiking/biking so I can quickly get the camera out/in and back on my way.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Many just beware online shopping when the camera pack seperate from the pack is not waterproof so wet clothes can contaminate your gear if that makes any sense. The camera holder is just a zippered pocket usually.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Something similar to a Camelback Mule but with a photo pouch. I will probably end up buying the Lowepro to try. The Osprey is ok, but I want to get away from putting the camera in a bag to put it in the backpack. That's what I do now. Looking for something with easy access while hiking/biking so I can quickly get the camera out/in and back on my way.
What camera and lens combo? The Lowepro isn't overly large, so if you have a pro or gripped body, or intend to try and get an F/2.8 lens in there you may be sh!t outta luck. My D7000 with 17-55 would have fit, my D600 with a 24-70 will not.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
What camera and lens combo? The Lowepro isn't overly large, so if you have a pro or gripped body, or intend to try and get an F/2.8 lens in there you may be sh!t outta luck. My D7000 with 17-55 would have fit, my D600 with a 24-70 will not.
It's a Canon 20D with a 24-105. No grip.

the less I take, the more I enjoy.
Generally, I agree, but this is mainly for trips where I would like to take pictures. Both biking and hiking. A friend and I are planning on Gooseberry Mesa in November and I would really like to have something by then.