Quantcast

Any good/free screenshot programs?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys,

Anyone know of any free/decent screenshot/capture programs? I'm looking for one but can't find any free ones. I know there has to be one out there that everyone uses. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Spunger said:
Hey guys,

Anyone know of any free/decent screenshot/capture programs? I'm looking for one but can't find any free ones. I know there has to be one out there that everyone uses. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Why not use the print screen button?

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Radarr said:
Does the "print screen" key not work for you?
I don't want to print screen, I want to take a screen snapshot and save it as a .jpg file (so I could send a screenshot in an email or post if I had to).

I know about the print screen button, LOL but I'm looking for a screenshot on the computer, not printed.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
Spunger said:
I know about the print screen button, LOL but I'm looking for a screenshot on the computer, not printed.
Uh, print screen is not necessarily for printing, it merely captures a screenshot, just like you want to do...

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
justsomeguy said:
Because you can't use Google?
Something like that :clue:

Well I did use it to find a program to do it but it's shareware and I was thinking there's got to be a free one out there or something close to it. The print screen works fine so I'll just use that from now on.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Oh my lord... You've got some good stuff open in those other tabs.
Hah, I was waiting for someone to pick up on that (the only real reason to post the screenshot).