Quantcast

any ideas

CrAzZyMoThA

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
N.Y
Hey im looking to get a new dirt jumping bikes the most im willing to spend i like 800 bucks any ideas on a good bike ? :D

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Try to find a 2009 eastern night train around christmas time when the new 2010 stuff comes out.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Love my giant stp, very versatile and cheap, but there are probably better bikes if dj is all you're doing.

If it were me and that were my budget, I'd be looking at going a rigid singlespeed cruiser. splurge on a frame thats light, strong and has the right geometry then go on ebay and do a minimalist build.

a black market maybe?

that or look used...

CrAzZyMoThA

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
N.Y
yea well i also ride DH but i love Dj to so im looking for a pretty good bike an yea single speed is wht id prefere my friends gettting a blk market 357 ....i might get a riot
thanks guys ....

CrAzZyMoThA

Chimp
Nov 22, 2009
N.Y
dude the gary fisher PhD lol i almost threw up dude thts so nasty looken and yea i found a nighttrain for 850 09 its pretty nice ! i think ill get it

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I haven't seen a phd in ages. Anyone still riding one? I'd love to get my hands on one.
I've got a frame/post/clamp around that is like 6 rides old (too small for me, even though it is a large). Yes ugly, but so easy to toss around underneath you and built like a friggin' tank.

PM me if you're interested.

Oh, with this frame its all about the ride. You forget very quickly how ugly it is when you are on it. I honestly have never ridden a bike that felt so purpose built for jumping. It loves air time.

Last edited: