Quantcast

Any Invisalign success storys here?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
that's a good question. i had braces back in the day. hurt like hell the first few days...anyway, when i got them off, i was given a temporary retainer that was a clear, plastic-type material. i wonder if that clear retainer is what Invisalign is? Ton, any idea what it's gonna cost? my braces for 2.5 - 3yrs was around $3000. is Invisalign more or less than that?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
....I am 16, so...

I hear about how much braces hurt. My teeth were pretty damn screwed up when i started (well not that bad), and they only hurt at first. Maybe there is a little (realy little) pain, but maybe i don't feel it much or care.

My problem with braces is that they aren't the most reliable contraption. I went snowboarding w/ a friend at mamnoth and the wire partially fell of eating kung poa chicken (its soft). I lost a bracket another time at a friends house. Occasionally, somewhow a sharp wire all of a sudden pokes you.

I'm pretty sure that invislign is much more $ than braces, I think, they take longer, and you have to go to the dentist more often. I think its for teeth that are only mildly out if place.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
the Inbred said:
that's a good question. i had braces back in the day. hurt like hell the first few days...anyway, when i got them off, i was given a temporary retainer that was a clear, plastic-type material. i wonder if that clear retainer is what Invisalign is? Ton, any idea what it's gonna cost? my braces for 2.5 - 3yrs was around $3000. is Invisalign more or less than that?
i just took impressions the other day but i think he said treatment was a yearish and it cost 45.

mtnbrider - my teeth are pretty jacked but my dentist did a before and after of possbile results and it looked awesome. so i decided to spend a little more and not have to worry about the normal braces stuff. Most importantly i can take them out when i eat and i can eat whatever i want. That was a big selling point for me.