Quantcast

Any Leavenworth peeps lurking on here?

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
I was over in Leavenworth Saturday skating their new park and saw a lot of DH rigs around. We went over there a couple summers ago and shuttled a couple of trails with the very accomodating locals but this time I saw shuttlers heading out Icicle Road (which was not where we were riding last time around). Just wondering if there are some new goods to posse up and make the drive over for.

I saw a pretty funny set up where a guy had rigged up a way to carry his Bullit on the back of his dirt bike. I did not get a close look since he was going the opposite direction as me.

Anyone in the know around here?

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
I am no help to you on any potential trails in the area but I'm curious too since I have some relatives that live over there. Also brock, is that new park skate only or does it allow bikes? I'm assuming it's a no bikes allowed park since it has a section of pool coping...

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
SR said:
I am no help to you on any potential trails in the area but I'm curious too since I have some relatives that live over there. Also brock, is that new park skate only or does it allow bikes? I'm assuming it's a no bikes allowed park since it has a section of pool coping...
It is a "no bike" park but seems to already have a lot of tire marks.

There is some guy over there who feels that the city is violating his civil rights by not allowing bikes and is threatening to sue though.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I have a cabin by a couple miles away from lake wenatchee, so its like a 15-20 minute drive from leavenworth. unfortunately i haven't had the time to do any shuttle since we've been building the cabin ourselves. i'm goin up this weekend though so maybe i'll stop by the shop.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
brock said:
It is a "no bike" park but seems to already have a lot of tire marks.

There is some guy over there who feels that the city is violating his civil rights by not allowing bikes and is threatening to sue though.
Is it a wood park or concrete?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Is that part on the right of your picture for skating when its raining???

Its crazy that all these parks are everywhere now. I would have sh!t bricks to have that nice of a park in my little town. At least we have a city spine ramp, but all these new concrete parks are so much nicer looking.....

Timmaa

Chimp
Feb 15, 2002
tac town
there are a couple of trails up icicle....pretty fun...if you like walking...forever...worse walk then 27 IMO....my cuz lives in the LW....

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
just went up to leavenworth this weekend but I had my BMX friend so we built jumps in my yard and then went to these really nice dirtjumps in Freund Canyon. it was downhill at the top with jumps that were really easy to carry speed through, though they were a little small (15-20foot gaps for the bigger ones). then it got flatter towards the bottom but the jumps were bigger and steeper--over my head. i would have done these but my parents would have been pissed if i got all muddy on my way home since there were puddles between the jumps. the thing i really liked was that there were no real consequences for coming up short on most of the jumps. definitely worth checking out.

i also heard there were some big northshore-type trails up further in the canyon but you'd have to ask the locals about that ;)

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Best bet for mountain biking : go to Das Rad House ( 1 or two blocks south of hwy 2 ) look for the "horse" tie-ups.

All the Icicle creek trails are on private land which you need to befriend the owner to ride. how.... see above.

Pretty cool that theres a skate park in town.. did not know bout' that.

Freund canyon just up Chumstick lane ( or whatever ) has some fun medium sized doubles. Best part is the hill run-in. The jumps are right below where you park. ( or where the trail comes and meets the road. )

Also, if you push / ride your sorry butt up freund, once at the top, look for trail that heads directly down. ( rather than heading ( south? ) ) .

It has a few toys and logs and whatnot. Better for longer fork boys. little too slippery on X/C rigs to be fun.

Cheers!