Quantcast

Any liquid blue Vp-Free pictures out there?

TBC

Chimp
Oct 18, 2005
Well i am currently deciding on which color to get my VPF in and I was wondering are there any pictures of a liquid VPF anywhere?

Thanks

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Check the ebay santa cruz area. Right now there is a sweet looking blue vp-free frame. However, I am not sure if it is a liquid blue or the trans blue.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like just about every question about SC bikes has to do with color. Just my experience here and on mtbr.

dh_dirt_diva

Chimp
Dec 7, 2005
I da' Ho!
It's true..... but you have to admit that Santa Cruz also has some of the best colors out there for their bikes. Besides, don't you ever get tired of seeing nothing but a bunch of black or dark grey colored bikes? Everytime I race I see all of these hot bikes out there and the ones I am most attracted to are the ones that show some color not the ones that look drab.
Oh, and by the way.... my vp-free is apple green! :]

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
santa cruz offers so many awesome colors to choose from, that it's sometimes a harder decision to choose the color than which bike you're going to get.

even though i still went with black for my vp-free (that is on the way). Since i'm running an 888 up front, i'm going for the stealth look... everything black.

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
dh_dirt_diva said:
It's true..... but you have to admit that Santa Cruz also has some of the best colors out there for their bikes. Besides, don't you ever get tired of seeing nothing but a bunch of black or dark grey colored bikes? Everytime I race I see all of these hot bikes out there and the ones I am most attracted to are the ones that show some color not the ones that look drab.
Oh, and by the way.... my vp-free is apple green! :]

Yeah, its true they do have some sick colors. I guess the build up for most all SC bikes are going to be pretty sick no matter how you build them. I will never get sick of black though!! (I've got a steelhead and a black vp free)

P.S. Dammitt!!! Now Im talking about colors too.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Wow, what eye 2 eye length is that air shock your running. It looks mighty small there. Not only does that reduce your travel, but it also puts your linkage out of wack, thus negating the benefit of the design. I know you said it's the XC set up, but why not jut use a blur or heckler instead of messing with shock length to change you geometry?

If you like the way it rides thats cool. I'm not flaming you, but I am a little bedazled.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
ncrider said:
Wow, what eye 2 eye length is that air shock your running. It looks mighty small there. Not only does that reduce your travel, but it also puts your linkage out of wack, thus negating the benefit of the design. I know you said it's the XC set up, but why not jut use a blur or heckler instead of messing with shock length to change you geometry?

If you like the way it rides thats cool. I'm not flaming you, but I am a little bedazled.
The e-e is 8 inches with a 2 inch stroke and the reason why I am using this bike for xc is becasue there is nothing to ride around here this time of year when I have the bike set-up for dh. And the reason I am not riding a blur or a heckler is because my wife is in law-school and I simply can not afford to get a new bike with all of the costs for her classes. But believe me, I miss the days when I had 2 bikes.

I know that the bike is not intended to be set-up this way, but I had the extra parts around so I switched out the forks, frame shock, and a few other parts thus dropping some weight and now I have a lighter weight bike that is more friendly for all around off-road use. The rear of the bike definitely feels different, especially with out the use of a pro-pedal shock. Its a bit more springy during the reboud, but other then that it feels good.