Quantcast

any low rise, 25.4, 30" bars out there?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
think i am finally going to jump on the 30" bar bandwagon, find my self gripping on the ends of my 710mm monkey lites and wishing they were wider.

i dont really fancy going the 31.8 route as i am using a go ride integrated stem and dont want to replace that.

what seems to fit the bill perfectly is the funn full on 15mm rise 750mm bars, problem is that they ran out ages ago! any chance that there is a bike shop somewhere that still has them? if not, what other options do i have?

i might just end up getting the 30mm rise full on bars if there isn't much choice.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I don't think that there is much out there that fits the bill. I prefer 25.4mm but had to switch to 31.8mm to get something wide.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Slight derail, but what about 25.4 wide flat bars, anyone make them? I'm guessing they'd fatigue a bit less, and have more trail absorbtion(hopefully not flex), gross generalization on my part.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
NSM, dont think there are any. and you need flex to absorb any vibration. the stiffer something is, the more vibration that it will transmit.

ian - if there are any extenders that work with the monkey lites let me know(no way i am going to go your route and just move the grips over, only to total them, hahah!). but then again i am a bit sick of them. want something lower then the stupid 2" rise they have.

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
NSM, dont think there are any. and you need flex to absorb any vibration. the stiffer something is, the more vibration that it will transmit.

ian - if there are any extenders that work with the monkey lites let me know(no way i am going to go your route and just move the grips over, only to total them, hahah!). but then again i am a bit sick of them. want something lower then the stupid 2" rise they have.
No you have to run a End cap with a cut out of a old bar in there also. I didn't use either, lazy. hahaha..

I'm more shock that the bar is still going on. Its been years!

Yeah get a Dirty 30, set for life.. :cheers:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea i know, but i dont want 31.8

maybe if the diety deal didn't take fakking ages i would have picked them up before i left malaysia. :p

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
those atomlabs look pretty dodge! 250 grams for a wide alu bar? my monkey lites are 225 grams.

yeah, that's what i am going for. just seeing if they are any other options out there.
where u seeing 250g? i see 315g on the atomlab and nothing on the link to the Funn bars.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i still wouldnt trust any atom lab bars they have one of the worst track records ever. their steel bars bend if you look at the wrong so what would their alu bars do?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
NSM, dont think there are any. and you need flex to absorb any vibration. the stiffer something is, the more vibration that it will transmit. .
The main benefit of the bends in riser bars for me is they allow flex(trail absorbtion), hence why I'm after 25.4 flat bars, to absorb some absorbtion, so the vibration doesn't put your hands to sleep.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
huh? what? that is a confusing sentence right there!

bends = flex = absorb vibration, that's fine.
but no bends to absorb vibration also? huh?

but as for the best bars for vibration are carbon bars, they are not as stiff as alu bars, but stronger. just ask any geeky xc rider, the combination of a ti stem and carbon bars are legendary.