Quantcast

Any MAC geniuses here.....Need advice!

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
I have an I-mac with the OS 10.2.8 operating system. I'm looking to buy a printer.

I write on a a program called Final Draft, which opens thru another operatin system, Mac 9.2.2

Should I get a printer for the OS 10.2.8, and will that automatically print the 9.2.2 stuff, or should I get a printer 9.2.2 specifically?

Don't care about the 10.2.8, as the 9.2.2 is the only place I print out of!

Any advice

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
punkassean said:
I think if you just install both types of printer drivers you can print from both OSX and classic mode.
true.

I just hooked up my Epson C80 to my airport extreme so I can just click and print. The Epson is on OS9 and my comp is on 10.3.6. so, it works.

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
punkassean said:
I think if you just install both types of printer drivers you can print from both OSX and classic mode.
What ecaxtly do you mean by, BOTH DRIVERS?

A friend of mine has a Lexmark printer that works on 9.2.2 (but nothing newer) Would that work?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Go to the printer manufacturers website and download the free software (AKA the "driver") to run the printer. If you download both the version specific for OSX (10.X.X) and the Classic (9.2) and then install them both, you should be able to print from both. Or at least I wouldn't see why not.